newbie, dash lighting confusion...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snowsled

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 2010 supercab with all of the options. With the lights set in auto the headlights come on before the dash lights? I can also manually turn on the headlights but get no dash lights until the light sensor tells them to come on?

My truck has tinted windows and the gauges are hard to see well before the truck turns them on. Can I somehow adjust this threshold? Is this normal? On the way home in a big storm I put my purchase paperwork over the sensor so I could see the gauges and keep the lights on. Once on, they work perfectly. Just looking to regain control from the light sensor if possible.

Agent 00 L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are correct on the function of the dash lights, it waits until the sensor says and then cuts them on. It does this in the mnual settingss too.

Think low tech, put a piece of window film (Tint) over the sensor to have it come on sooner, add another layer for even sooner.

OP
OP
Snowsled

Snowsled

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Craziest thing, I have never had a vehicle that ran the dash lights and headlights on different schedules like that. It is just plain wrong in the manual mode, switching the lights on should do just that.

Going low tech I guess...