New OBD II reader. $30

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I have one of these and I pair it with my tablet. Works nice except for the fact if I leave it plugged in and say I go shopping at a store and walk back out and start the truck it'll through a wrench.
I have to turn off the truck, unplug it and then restart the truck and then it runs fine. That's the only problem I get but other then that it works great.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Mil T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got it today and plugged it in. I paired it with my nexus 7 tablet. It took a little bit to understand that you actually have to do the downloads with the truck in the off mode. It would not register any of the icons accept for the tack. I set it up ok off the tablet once it was reading it. Pretty straight forward if you know how to program the TORQUE app. I think it will be very worthwhile once I get bugs out of me for working it.
Kind of like a redundant system but the dash board on it is pretty cool with being able to see everything. It even does timing runs in 1/8--1/4 mile and 0-60 runs.
It's definitely worth the $30 you have to give for the app and the Bluetooth plugin.

Mil T

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bought this about 3 years ago, Torque has gone through many upgrades over the years.. I pair to my phone or my tablet and have just left it in my truck for now. Seems to work and lets you do some great displays on the tablet... But buy the app ofr the 6.00 and that way the guy keeps adding stuff.. Also check for plug ins for your vehicle.. Also note when your setting some stuff up its metric measurements for a few things...