New Member and unknown switch on my lower dash!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Floyd91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome my first guess was moves the gas and break pedals. but then I thought about it hard and thing it might be what lifts the girls shirts up or down.

It's been my experience that the raptor in itself is enough for that.

jschell1309

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that we've solved that mystery, let's continue the game: This switch is standard in 2010 Frieghtliners with a Cummins Certified Clean Idle motors. What is it?

Regenerate button. Clean out the crap Or exhaust brake if it has steps(hi, low)

Regen cycle would be my guess too. I worked with some Tier 4 diesels in Freightliner chassis for the utility industry. I don't recall any of them having a button though. They were all just programmed to Regen as necessary. Truck would kick over and idle high and burn out all the shit in the exhaust for a minute or two then idle back down.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Regenerate button. Clean out the crap Or exhaust brake if it has steps(hi, low)
You do the same thing I do, so you've seen these.

Regen cycle would be my guess too. I worked with some Tier 4 diesels in Freightliner chassis for the utility industry. I don't recall any of them having a button though. They were all just programmed to Regen as necessary. Truck would kick over and idle high and burn out all the shit in the exhaust for a minute or two then idle back down.

If your traveling at highway speeds the system is automatic. But, when you are in rural areas going slower and making frenqent stop, the Diesel Particulate Filter needs a little help. When you do a manual regenerate, the truck needs to sit for about 20 mins running at high idle.

Crash33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First switch is in fact for the pedals, my 2012 has it. Second is the DPF regen... early DPF engines didn't all auto regen... What did i win?

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Second place is the first loser...

Now that we've solved that mystery, let's continue the game: This switch is standard in 2010 Frieghtliners with a Cummins Certified Clean Idle motors. What is it?

Turns off the cleaner if you don't want it to run at. Sertant times.