New Member and unknown switch on my lower dash!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
morning..........

as stated its an aftermarket switch. those switches are usually dedicated for a power window type function. meaning its a momentary switch. has power until you let go. since there is an up and down, it was used for something to move in 2 directions. pull the 3 7mm bolts on the bottom of the plastic panel and then pull the panel off. then pull the 4 8mm bolts out of the metal plate behind it. follow the wires and see where they go.

my personal hope just between you and me, one direction on the swithc distracts the wife, while the other direction brings on the hookers..........

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Welcome to the fun! Just curious, did a 2010 come with a power rear slider? If not maybe they added one and the fuse is bad, which is why nothing is happening when you move I it. Just a guess, would be the first time in my life I have ever been wrong. Not!!

OP
OP
J

jetrocker

Reaction score
PropDR wins the prize! Thanks very much guys for all your input and help. This looked so much like a factory switch that it fooled me. The PO had a exhaust cut out actuator on the truck that he apparently had removed before he traded it in. Just blocker plate there now and a connector. That has to have been it. Thank you again! Mark

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

Mr. Joker is also a winner. Don't want to miss anyone!

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Second place is the first loser...

Now that we've solved that mystery, let's continue the game: This switch is standard in 2010 Frieghtliners with a Cummins Certified Clean Idle motors. What is it?

Attachments

• IMAG0900.jpg
    IMAG0900.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 111

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Second place is the first loser...

Now that we've solved that mystery, let's continue the game: This switch is standard in 2010 Frieghtliners with a Cummins Certified Clean Idle motors. What is it?

The "I farted" button, automatically rolls down the windows?