New guy with a few towing mod questions!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
Yea I was looking to do a custom +3 deaver set up.

What's required for the SVC bump stop install? I'm a little apprehensive in doing them if welding or drilling on the frame is involved... How does this effect the warranty? I plan to have this truck for years that's why I payed more for low miles and will extend the warranty to 8/125 so I don't want to do anything that compromises coverage.

+3 are the way to go. After they settle, you will sit about ½-¾" over stock height with an empty bed.

No welding or drilling required to install the SVC A.B.S. kit. It is 100% bolt on.

Should not effect your warranty any more than what switching to deaver leafs will do. I have not heard of anyone having warranty issues because of bumps and leafs. Of course, your factory warranty will not cover the aftermarket leafs.

-Joseph Haynes

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Jesus **** another towing ******* thread Jesus, just read your ******** owners manual it states all the limits, then do some math, weight the tongue of your trailer add it to how fat everyone in your truck will be and all your other crap if that number is over than 1000 go buy a different truck to hall your load.

Smokinjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As for springs, you might also want to consider looking at the WSI HD springs if you are going to tow as well as have stuff in the bed on a regular basis.

D

Deleted member 12951

Jesus **** another towing ******* thread Jesus, just read your ******** owners manual it states all the limits, then do some math, weight the tongue of your trailer add it to how fat everyone in your truck will be and all your other crap if that number is over than 1000 go buy a different truck to hall your load.

You're losing it. LOL

Yeah, after being around awhile it is somewhat surprising to see the same threads continue to repeat themselves and nobody searches anymore but I do wish the search here was better. Wonder if the admins can make a prompt when creating a new thread that ask you if you searched yet (yes/no). I know some sites with forum KB's will allow you to ask a question and it will search for you and show you the results then if they don't fit, then the next option is to create a thread.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
At first I was going to say thanks Ford for bringing out all the stupid kids but you seem legit. Don't prove me wrong!

OP
OP
E

Enigma94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+3 are the way to go. After they settle, you will sit about ½-¾" over stock height with an empty bed.

No welding or drilling required to install the SVC A.B.S. kit. It is 100% bolt on.

Should not effect your warranty any more than what switching to deaver leafs will do. I have not heard of anyone having warranty issues because of bumps and leafs. Of course, your factory warranty will not cover the aftermarket leafs.

-Joseph Haynes

I was thinking of doing a custom set of +3s because the stock +3s still seem to be a little soft, I could be wrong though.

I'm not sure why you're so angry, but I think I clearly laid out why I purchased this truck. Just because I'm not turning it into a super Baja machine doesn't mean I shouldn't of purchased it. I understand this topic has probably come up quite a bit but I was not able to find out all the info everybody else has shared in the other threads.

You're losing it. LOL

Yeah, after being around awhile it is somewhat surprising to see the same threads continue to repeat themselves and nobody searches anymore but I do wish the search here was better. Wonder if the admins can make a prompt when creating a new thread that ask you if you searched yet (yes/no). I know some sites with forum KB's will allow you to ask a question and it will search for you and show you the results then if they don't fit, then the next option is to create a thread.

I did a search, and probably 5-6 hours of reading maybe even more on this topic. Threads on here and other forums and I didn't find the answers I was looking for. I did find some others who were towing 10K with their raptors but all had set ups I wasn't interested in purchasing. Had I not done this research I wouldn't of gone out and bought a 24FT toyhauler that clearly exceeds the listed max towing in the manual.

I wasn't asking IF it could tow the trailer, but how would be best to go about doing it safely without spending a ton of money.

View attachment 73897 8500 dry with no issue. National hd leafs

8500 dry!?!?! That thing must be close to 10K loaded! youre only running the HD leafs with no bump stop kit?

At first I was going to say thanks Ford for bringing out all the stupid kids but you seem legit. Don't prove me wrong!

I'm not a dumb kid that got my daddy to buy me a raptor, or a uneducated guy who just bought one blindly. I've been building cars for close to 20 years. This is the first truck i've personally owned though, so i'm trying to learn what I can through research and all the great info you guys have shared in this post and others on this site. So thank you to those who have shared your knowledge, even if this is a beat to death topic.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
8k dry your having a ******* laugh go buy a super duty or go kill some innocent people through your recklessness as long as you stay a few states away. As I said read your owners manual, check the limits weight your shit and on truck payload (passengers + cargo + tongue weight) if you exceed a number on the owners manual go buy the correct truck for the job!

---------- Post added at 05:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 AM ----------

You're losing it. LOL

It's all @Jimbos fault!