The new front Axles from RCV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Chrisandalex1

Chrisandalex1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, nice to see someone looking at this. I haven't spoken to RCV in a couple of weeks, but I think they are rapping up my axles and hubs in the next few days to ship out to Wavetrac to have in their part of this project.

As soon as they are done, I will make sure to get complete info for everyone. These guys make rock solid stuff for sure.

BRONCOBOY1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much more articulation will these axles provide and how would we be able to increase our wheel travel.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
How much more articulation will these axles provide and how would we be able to increase our wheel travel.
These CV shafts will not add any wheel travel as they are not the limiting factor. What they change is that they will live a lot longer than the stock units.

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And provide more strength at more extreme articulation angles, hence their ability to help with aftermarket suspension/long travel setups. (from what i have read at least)

BRONCOBOY1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These CV shafts will not add any wheel travel as they are not the limiting factor. What they change is that they will live a lot longer than the stock units.

Agreed, what problems have people had with the stock units?
I come from 20 plus years prepping and Racing off road and increasing travel is everything in the desert. Once you have the travel then you can tune the shocks
How do we take advantage of the available articulation, what is the limiting factor?

OP
OP
Chrisandalex1

Chrisandalex1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK guys,

Both the Wavetrac LSD and the RCV axles and Hubs are being installed the week of the 16th of July.

Dana at Wavetrac and Sean Carlini at RCV are super excited on how they turned out, and ready to start working with FRF to put together a great deal.

Let me know your thoughts.

Cerberos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been anxiously waiting for this package... As always, post up some pics of the install, if you can.