GEN 1 New 12 screw Raptor to me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Just pickup a 12 screw garage queen 39k miiile looking at doing some mild mods . Hate the throttle lag so what is my best bang for the buck for the best performance mod?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Everything you mentioned. If you plan to off-road a lot I would put everything into suspension first, we can't outrun stock motor, bumpstops and Deavers would help a lot. It's all about budget though, PC is best bang for the buck mod.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Everything you mentioned. If you plan to off-road a lot I would put everything into suspension first, we can't outrun stock motor, bumpstops and Deavers would help a lot. It's all about budget though, PC is best bang for the buck mod.

10-4 not alot off roading in my neck of the woods . So what tuner is the better way to go?

14 BlackScrew RR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What else for performance mods?? Tune ? exhaust? Air intake?

Before you go breaking out the credit card, set aside some time and read, and read again as many of the posts here on the forum.
Soon you'll have an idea where your priorities lies. This way you'll learn about your truck and spend once and it will be a planned expense
There is an enormous amount of info here, which you can read at your own leisure and come up with a plan also at your leisure.
N'Joy your new ride!

CIB2007

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a 14 and just put a pedal commander on it. It definitely woke up the pedal. Then I put a corsa extreme exhaust on last weekend. This truck has put a smile on my face every day. You will enjoy it. These guys and gals on here are a wealth of knowledge.

As for your question, you could go in any direction. But a pedal commander is a “cheap” mod I would suggest and looking through the forum as @14 BlackScrew RR said, if you are looking for a tuner. I constantly try to read the forum as much as I can to get the real world reviews on mods. For the first mods I would look into is new leafs and a bump stop kit. All of the vendors here can help you out.

Last edited: