Never Thought I Would Sell Her

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Kapolani

Kapolani

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So...

Local dealer left me a message. They want my truck.

They offered an even better deal on a 2016 super duty.

Think I might go in today and finalize the deal.

You can't turn down free money.

D

Deleted member 12951

Do you have a real need for an SD truck? Its all speculation that the gen1 raptor will drop drastically in resale but you can be guaranteed that the SD will. Just research resale on those things. In my personal opinion, the gen1 will drop some but nothing drastic as compared to any other truck or car.

Are you just itching for something new?

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
If you are worried about the bottom dropping out on a vehicle when the new model, comes out I wouldn't get a SD. The market is soft on those now and the new ones aren't even out yet. If it's less than $10K off sticker I'd hold out. The prices are going to keep going down while they work through inventory. I have a SD and it's nice but the ride is a bit harsher than the Raptor. If you do get the SD, take a look at Carli. They can help get a little better ride out of it for you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SD_Plat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So...

that's not free money. worse deal than the M5 trade. A 2016 SD is going to depreciate faster than both the M5 and Raptor combined.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So...

It would appear the "new truck bug" has bit you, or you don't really like the Raptor. Good luck on the trade. I had driven diesel's since I got my fist in 84. If you trade for one, they are nice, and I for one like the diesel sound and smell. However, I still say. It ain't a RAPTOR.

OP
OP
Kapolani

Kapolani

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a real need for an SD truck? Its all speculation that the gen1 raptor will drop drastically in resale but you can be guaranteed that the SD will. Just research resale on those things. In my personal opinion, the gen1 will drop some but nothing drastic as compared to any other truck or car.

Are you just itching for something new?

I'm a car guy. First foray into trucks. Most of my vehicles have been boosted.

I think I miss tuning/turning up the boost, etc.

But, every time I get into my Raptor it's hard keeping the shit eating grin off my face.

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

that's not free money. worse deal than the M5 trade. A 2016 SD is going to depreciate faster than both the M5 and Raptor combined.

I appreciate this.

I've been hit in the head a lot and sometimes it takes brute force to get me to think outside the box.

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

It would appear the "new truck bug" has bit you, or you don't really like the Raptor. Good luck on the trade. I had driven diesel's since I got my fist in 84. If you trade for one, they are nice, and I for one like the diesel sound and smell. However, I still say. It ain't a RAPTOR.

Been thinking about this while working out.

There's this little voice inside my head telling me that I would miss my Raptor.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm a car guy. First foray into trucks. Most of my vehicles have been boosted.

I think I miss tuning/turning up the boost, etc.

But, every time I get into my Raptor it's hard keeping the shit eating grin off my face.

Simple solution, buy a supercharger kit for your Raptor.

:headbang:

mike.s

Reaction score
Imagine how big your shit eating grin would be if you added a supercharger to your Raptor!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kapolani

Kapolani

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Simple solution, buy a supercharger kit for your Raptor.

:headbang:

I've thought about this solution.

I've gone this route. I've supercharged an M3 and turbo charged an M3.

This solution is viable, but I've found it's much easier to get bigger power, faster, and (relatively) cheaper if the car is already set up for boost.

All the piping i.e. intercooler/pipes etc is already there. You don't have to make things fit into tight places.

And, in all honesty, I'm sold on turbos. Much more power. No parasitic loss (minimal) if any.

Plus, if the 2017 is boosted from the factory I'll probably pick up one of those!