Need some help... post me a pic pls.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black_Valkyrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2011 is still waiting for the replacement plastic frame that holds the condenser. Dealer removed the original they broke already . Swear my old one (original) had a foam or felt gasket that went between the condenser and the plastic frame. Can anyone out there please snap some shots of what an undestroyed original condenser radiator set up looks like from the top of the engine with a few close ups? Feel 99% like they are missing pieces from my truck

Last edited:

xtela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like a 1/4" X 1" foam strip glued on top of the plastic frame with tabs.

Attachments

• DSCF0047.jpg
    DSCF0047.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 47
  • DSCF0048.jpg
    DSCF0048.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 44
OP
OP
B

Black_Valkyrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. That's definitely not there anymore. Also is there anything under the frame or between the frame and the rad and condenser?

This really helped!

xtela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The condenser radiator sits tight in the plastic frame which then hangs from 4 points on the coolant radiator. There is a little movement at the top where the foam is. Foam is attached with 2 sided tape. 2014 shop manual diagram:

Attachments

• SE2~us~en~file=N0092941_650_JPG~gen~ref.jpg
    SE2~us~en~file=N0092941_650_JPG~gen~ref.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 39
OP
OP
B

Black_Valkyrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Is the part number for the foam there somewhere? Dealer denied it existed. Dont see it on the diagram you posted.

xtela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did not see part number listed in the shop manual. You would think that it comes with the plastic frame and condenser radiator parts. Could have been deleted in the service part. It is a soft foam and does not touch the upper framing. Not sure how much good it does.

OP
OP
B

Black_Valkyrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something still feels like it is missing from my truck. Here is what it looks like now...

uc