Need Some Help On Mounting Rear Facing Car Seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbzuma

Reaction score
Hey all I'm a new 18 Raptor Supercrew owner and about to be a first time dad so trying to figure out the car seat thing before we head to the hospital any day now.
I was going to install my Britax B Safe seat behind the passenger seat on the Latch anchor points but then I read that since the rear seatbelts inflate you cannot use them on my specific car seat has anyone else heard of this issue? I just moved it to the middle position and was able to connect the seat base to the anchor points on each side of the side seats then I can use the middle seat belt that doesn't have the inflatable shoulder strap. Does this seem like the right solution here or do we need to get a different car seat that can handle the inflatable belts. Also....when the seat is anchored and belted in the middle it still seems to have quite a bit of play.....looking for any wisdom here- many thanks

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Hey all I'm a new 18 Raptor Supercrew owner and about to be a first time dad so trying to figure out the car seat thing before we head to the hospital any day now.
I was going to install my Britax B Safe seat behind the passenger seat on the Latch anchor points but then I read that since the rear seatbelts inflate you cannot use them on my specific car seat has anyone else heard of this issue? I just moved it to the middle position and was able to connect the seat base to the anchor points on each side of the side seats then I can use the middle seat belt that doesn't have the inflatable shoulder strap. Does this seem like the right solution here or do we need to get a different car seat that can handle the inflatable belts. Also....when the seat is anchored and belted in the middle it still seems to have quite a bit of play.....looking for any wisdom here- many thanks

If you are utilizing the LATCH system, you DO NOT use the seat belt. The seat belt is only to be used on vehicles that aren't equipped with LATCH. I'd recommend placement in the middle, as this will protect your kid further if involved in a side impact.