Need Some Help On Mounting Rear Facing Car Seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McGrath4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats! I wanted to chime in as I didn't see this response from anyone else. If using the tethers that snap into the metal anchors they generally need to be connected straight with little angle introduced by the tethers.

Should there be a load on the car seat, any angle from the tethers will amplify the load to the anchors. See the link below for a lil better explanation.

http://www.ropebook.com/information/vector-forces

Idleone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is no replacement for the anchor points. Go to your local fire station and talk to a chief. Those are there for a reason. I thought the same thing and wanted to mount my 2 month old boys seat in the center as it seamed logical this was the safest place. Fire chief advised me this was a bad idea and best bet is to have the kid behind a seat and attached to the anchors. Congrats btw. Just had my 1st and it is the most amazing thing in the world. Little advise... White noise maker and swaddles

Hazzard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Center of the rear seat using the anchor points until the child reaches 40lbs (after that the seat belt is required to hold the car seat in place). I have seen to many side impact crashes to ever put my child in a side seat, I don't care how far I have to bend or how much a pain in the *** and other BS people say it is none of that even comes close to concerning me if it means putting my child in harms way. Also there is no reason to skimp on the car seat we all own 50K+ trucks, spend a few 100 and get a quality car seat! I feel this is even more important as the child grows and moves to a forward facing and then to a toddler seat.

Last edited:

Shortbusdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off congrats!! My daughter will turn 2 in Feb. We have always had her on the passenger side because I wanted to use the latch system, and it is not designed to be used in the middle.

I always assumed that the middle would be the safest, but then I don't know why they didn't put a latch system for the middle seat. I don't think it would have been very hard to have it at all locations in the back. My wife's jeep is the same way, latch on both sides not in the middle.

OP
OP
XxWarEaglexX

XxWarEaglexX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My little princess came Tuesday!
03e75b5602d6fdef0a1983342cbf7bd6.jpg
c8d4e06cb602acb32d04a20708404e83.jpg

Sinraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
congrats!! We are expecting our First at the end of May. Little Boy named Gunner!! We been trying for about 3 years now and after some medical issues she overcame we are expecting our little miracle. Congrats again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir