Need Some Help On Mounting Rear Facing Car Seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XxWarEaglexX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am a soon to be new dad for the first time, we are having a little girl due at the end of January. My wife has read numerous articles about the rear facing child seat and from what she says, it is better to have it installed in the middle. So then I read the manual for our trucks and it said that either you could use the middle and use the seat belt, or you could mount the seat on the ends using the anchor points. I am wondering how all of you guys that have had a rear facing infant seat mounted and what route y'all chose. Did you use the middle seat with the seat belt? Or did you mount on either side using the the anchors? And by the by the way I have a 2013 Screw. Any information would be of great help.Thanks!

Attachments

• baby2.jpg
    baby2.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 94

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Congrats! I can't help you with the seat, but good luck on your future little girl!

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Congrats! In my 14, I have the rear facing seat for our son behind the passenger seat. I did this for a couple of reasons. 1. Easy for me to see him (he's got a toy mirror thing on this headrest. 2. Parking on the street, I'd say 98% of the time if I'm parking on the street I take him out on the sidewalk side vs on the street side. 3. For some reason I tend to straddle my lane more on my side than the passenger side. So I wanted to avoid any issues in his side. 4. I load my laptop bag and any other equipment I need for work behind me so I have the floor and the seat to put stuff on.

I'm sure there are more reasons I can't think of right now. I would have put him behind me for extra protection in case of a head on, but I'm a not a little guy, who knows what wright (if any) would be thrown onto my kid in the case of a head on. Though I'm sure he'd be fine.

Congrats again man! You'll see, babies love the rumble of the 6.2...with headers, they sleep real easy too!

Sent from a creepy white van with no windows...

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
crewcab or supercab? if its a supercab, i would mount in the middle. the reason is because there is less room in the back seats. if you are in a collision, the infant seat will move and if its behind a seat, it could impact with the back of the front seat. in the middle, there is more room to allow the car seat to move. in a crewcab, use the passenger side for the safety reasons that slim already stated, plus its easier to load in and out.

Deletedone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put mine on the passenger side. That way if you need to put stuff in you have the 2/3 side to lift up.

FireLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had mine in middle, it is preferred location for rear facing. I am in Scab, if rear set up is same then the anchors will work fine for the middle. They are more better positioned for the outside seats though, so they will not be straight down, but out away from the base a bit. That is why they call for the belt with middle mounting...

When you have the seat in position and tightened, there should be less than 1inch or side to side movement at belt path, or anchor. You are going to have movement on the other end though.

Source: I work FD and we install car seats at our stations for parents who need assistance.

Hit me up if you have any questions.

Last edited:

FireLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, seat belt works great as well. Just make sure you extend shoulder belt all the way and engage the locking mechanism for your final tighten..

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I use the anchors on the passenger side so that I can flip the larger portion of the seat up for things like a stroller and what not.

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg