Need opinions on license plate delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Key

Key

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went ahead and tore that sucker off. It helps flow to my intercooler anyway, and all the cops around here tend to know me by name or know of me (good friends with the chief of police and his daughter)

D

Deleted member 12951

Another state cops can give you a ticket in their county for no front license plate? Huh, I don't think every cop knows what states require one or not, especially if you are not from their state. Never heard of this.

Buckeyesvtraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use to have a stow-n-go electric front license plate on my cts-v coupe. Comes with a key fob and the plate comes out horizontally and then flips up. It was pretty sweet. Get pulled over press the button and all of the sudden now there is a front plate there. I will say that I don't know how it would hold up on a raptor if you take it off road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

Here is a video I found of one. Don't know what happened to the video of my ride

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TrK6ku0OWGo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another state cops can give you a ticket in their county for no front license plate? Huh, I don't think every cop knows what states require one or not, especially if you are not from their state. Never heard of this.

You have to follow the rules of where you are at if I'm not mistaken.

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
S. Should I just go ahead and do a front plate delete at this point? Opinions? .

Look at my sig pic. I am attaching a pic link as well. I went to a local sign / graphics shop. For $21.00 they copied my special plate onto a reflective backing and the pattern and color are spot on. Got 2 on a sheet. I rolled it on the front in the center . I wanted the lower opening for my lights. So its rolled on and down and around my OEM bumper onto the under bumper pan. Looks good and I have had several LEO's say they have no issue with it. Now that's not an official ok to do it but they see it as a front plate. First guy wanted to know how I rolled the metal plate around so evenly. HAhaaaa.

http://www.reflectionsofthedrive.co...-coffee-dallas-jan-2012/20120107_DSC08265.jpg

BDRAG

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

You have to follow the rules of where you are at if I'm not mistaken.

So if live in a state that only requires one license plate and they ONLY issue you one plate then you drive through a state that their residents require two, a cop can give you a ticket because you don't have a front plate because that is where you are at?

You are mistaken. I don't thinks cops know off the top of their head every states requirements and won't go out of their way to pull you over just for a license plate violation. Perhaps if a neighborhood state cause they knew or if they pulled you over for speeding then looked it up and just wanted to tack on another revenue ticket.

But then again, a cop can pretty much pull you over for anything suspicious if they wanted and if their state requires a front plate that is enough reason. Giving you a ticket for just that very unlikely but I am sure its been done.

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if live in a state that only requires one license plate and they ONLY issue you one plate then you drive through a state that their residents require two, a cop can give you a ticket because you don't have a front plate because that is where you are at?

You are mistaken. I don't thinks cops know off the top of their head every states requirements and won't go out of their way to pull you over just for a license plate violation. Perhaps if a neighborhood state cause they knew or if they pulled you over for speeding then looked it up and just wanted to tack on another revenue ticket.

But then again, a cop can pretty much pull you over for anything suspicious if they wanted and if their state requires a front plate that is enough reason. Giving you a ticket for just that very unlikely but I am sure its been done.

If you are from Nevada and your car has 20% tint on it that doesn't make you legal to drive it in California. I personally agree with your thought process but I think you need to do more research on the matter.

Do you only get issued one plate where you live? I only run a rear plate even though we are required 2.

D

Deleted member 12951

If you are from Nevada and your car has 20% tint on it that doesn't make you legal to drive it in California. I personally agree with your thought process but I think you need to do more research on the matter.

Do you only get issued one plate where you live? I only run a rear plate even though we are required 2.

I used to live in Kansas and they only issue one plate. I now live in Missouri and they require both. With Kansas City on the border there must be millions of Kansas vehicles on the Missouri side each month, they do not ever get pulled over just for front license plate violations. There is 19 states that only issue and require one plate.

http://forums.officer.com/t83853/