Need opinions on license plate delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Utah is a front plate state. I think it looks terrible. Just throw it in your windshield with a piece of foam behind it. Problem solved. I'll take $100 and save you 50% what the state would cost you

Still illegal in TX. The law was rewritten and clearly states that the plate must be on the bumper or front-most part of the vehicle. The law was rewritten after a guy in the panhandle got pulled over for no front plate with the plate on his dash and ended up with a DWI. He tried to say that the police didn't have probable cause to pull him over because the plate was in the windshield.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Still illegal in TX. The law was rewritten and clearly states that the plate must be on the bumper or front-most part of the vehicle. The law was rewritten after a guy in the panhandle got pulled over for no front plate with the plate on his dash and ended up with a DWI. He tried to say that the police didn't have probable cause to pull him over because the plate was in the windshield.

82bdf8a0a57c1686561b7fcaadfca434.jpg

Lol. My wife is from Houston so I give her shit all the time. That's ****** up though.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Makes me think that maybe I need to try and find a place to mount mine before I hit the road for TRR....

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I've never been pulled over for a front plate in Texas. I was pulled over in Louisiana, but that's another story...

Now, when I've been pulled over they've mentioned the front plate but I haven't gotten a ticket for it - just a "hey *******, it's supposed to be on the bumper not in your backseat".

I'll be zip tying mine to the front bumper for the trip to TRR and removing it once I'm there. Then re zip tying it for the return trip. In the city I've never gotten any grief for it.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Makes me think that maybe I need to try and find a place to mount mine before I hit the road for TRR....

I've never been pulled over for a front plate in Texas. I was pulled over in Louisiana, but that's another story...

Now, when I've been pulled over they've mentioned the front plate but I haven't gotten a ticket for it - just a "hey *******, it's supposed to be on the bumper not in your backseat".

I'll be zip tying mine to the front bumper for the trip to TRR and removing it once I'm there. Then re zip tying it for the return trip. In the city I've never gotten any grief for it.

Jordan's got a good idea there, Will. I'd recommend it just because of all the small towns we drive through to get there. You never know who's looking for revenue.

I mean, I got pulled over on I-45 heading to Dallas one weekend because the State Trooper thought that my eyebrow tint at the top of my windshield was too dark. Not too low (below the AS-1 line), but too dark. Then he pulled out a two-piece meter and actually checked the VLT. Let me off with a warning fortunately, but it just goes to show they'll pull you for anything they can just to check you out.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know about in cities in TX but here in chicago the meter maid can give you a ticket for no front plate if you are parked on the street.

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I grew up in Iowa (required front plate), college in South Dakota (required front plate) and I live in Arizona where there is no front plate. Love it and I order my vehicles with the front plate deleted at the factory so I don't have holes up front.

Agree that if you live in a state that requires a front plate you should run it or expect fines.

jkscuba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really don't think it looks that bad on a stock bumper - aftermarket bumper yes, stock bumper no. Texas plates are decent looking (relatively speaking) so its not worth the potential hassle of not running one on a daily driver. More of a pain in the ass & time thing for me than the fee. I have gotten a couple of tickets in the past for it. Also remember that you are giving them a very obvious reason to pull you over...

That being said there ain't no way in hell a front plate is going on my GTR...

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Jordan's got a good idea there, Will. I'd recommend it just because of all the small towns we drive through to get there. You never know who's looking for revenue.
That is what I'm worried about. I had thought about zip ties before, I think I'll see what I can do. Good idea.