Need opinions on license plate delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Key

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So yesterday I got my new custom texas plates that say DYNO in them. They look great and complement the truck great. Today, not a day later after putting them on, some girl in a parking lot bumps the front of my truck with her car while parking and puts a massive gouge in the front plate. Of course I'm pissed, and of course when I come back her car is nowhere to be found. Should I just go ahead and do a front plate delete at this point? Opinions? I'm not too keen on waiting another few weeks for a new plate to arrive/pay for something I already paid for and put on just yesterday.

ThomasL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never put a front plate on any of my cars but that's because we don't need one in Florida ( i don't think :) ). Not sure what the law is in Texas. Looks better without one on the front IMO.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Technically, you are supposed to run a front plate in Texas. I think the fine is $200 (I think it is a fix-it ticket, but you may still have to pay court costs). It gives a cop a reason to pull you over, but the actuality of that happening depends on the area.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Technically, you are supposed to run a front plate in Texas. I think the fine is $200 (I think it is a fix-it ticket, but you may still have to pay court costs). It gives a cop a reason to pull you over, but the actuality of that happening depends on the area.

It's the favorite probable cause of State Troopers.

D

Deleted member 12951

If you are concerned with staying legal if your state requires it then I would pay to get a replacement, its not that much money. My state requires it too but I've been front plateless for about 7 months now without incident

OP
OP
Key

Key

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My raptor will be the first vehicle that I have owned that currently has a front plate. I meant more like if y'all thought it was a good look or not. I have a very good relationship with local law enforcement and I am not really worried about being pulled over.

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that they went a step further during the last legislative session and go straight to the fine for not running a front plate in Texas. As I have said many times before, I will pay the same amount of money as I do today, just don't require me to run a front plate. FYI, this only became an issue for me when I bought the world' greatest truck!

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Utah is a front plate state. I think it looks terrible. Just throw it in your windshield with a piece of foam behind it. Problem solved. I'll take $100 and save you 50% what the state would cost you