Need new tires. Show me those M/T's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slosvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be needing new tires here within the next 10-15k. I wanted to get thunderer m/ts like I had on eco but unfortunately they don't make them for 17s. I want to put solid m/ts on it. NO DURATRACS! Have those on my patrol truck and have had 3 out of 4 go out on me. Show me some aggressive treads and prices! Thanks in advance everyone!

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just put 315/70x17 Toyo MT's on my truck. They look and ride Awesome! The beefy sidewall adds so much to looks. I paid $1515, out the door. That was with nitrogen.

FordraptorHero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be needing new tires here within the next 10-15k. I wanted to get thunderer m/ts like I had on eco but unfortunately they don't make them for 17s. I want to put solid m/ts on it. NO DURATRACS! Have those on my patrol truck and have had 3 out of 4 go out on me. Show me some aggressive treads and prices! Thanks in advance everyone!

only thing about the toyo mts is how heavy they are.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yea, they are. I have had numerous sets and they have always been great. I figure they maybe 5 - 10 pounds a tire heavier than some other brand, but what's 20 to 40 pounds on a truck? Heck I prolly got more weight than that in the bed! LOL

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Most of the MTs are going to be on the plus side of 70 pounds a piece for 35x12.50R17 or 315/70R17. BFG claims the KM2s are 68 pounds.

However I just got General Grabber X3s and I love them. They come in at 75 pounds a piece and mounted to the stock beadlocks its about 120ish pounds.

Grunzen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of the MTs are going to be on the plus side of 70 pounds a piece for 35x12.50R17 or 315/70R17. BFG claims the KM2s are 68 pounds.

However I just got General Grabber X3s and I love them. They come in at 75 pounds a piece and mounted to the stock beadlocks its about 120ish pounds.

Been thinking about those. I've had Red Letters in 35 for most of the trucks life and have gotten great mileage out of them. I really want them in 37's but they seem pretty scarce in that size. The X3's in 37 seem to be more available. General says they both weight the same to so.....

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been thinking about those. I've had Red Letters in 35 for most of the trucks life and have gotten great mileage out of them. I really want them in 37's but they seem pretty scarce in that size. The X3's in 37 seem to be more available. General says they both weight the same to so.....

Well they are great tires so far. A bit of noise on the highway, great on the side streets. I've used them on beach sand, mud and even a water crossing and they did fine. They are very big tires for 35s, they definitely fill more of the wheel well than the stockers. They look great too.

I toyed with 37s, but after considering all the stuff I'd have to do I just decided 35s are fine for now and probably best.

wKDSJek.png