Need More Range... and a Bigger Tank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

New Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I just notice the trend on the forums: Bumpers, bumpers, lights, Got a New Wrap, Perch, Perch, Perch... and then, the oohhhhh saw "Xxxx" on the Road! great! move on, while other important stuff nearly always gets buried.

So with the rant done... Has anyone heard any news about that 50-Gallon aftermarket tank that was being worked on for us SCREW owners? Gas @ Annapolis has been at ~$3.15 and I'll be damned if I don't top off every opportunity I can while its this cheap.

I just know that this top got attention then died like a day later Pages & Pages back. So I was hoping we can keep this going 'cause the only thing limiting me is my 36 :rage:

*On a side note, Bubba Rope products are pretty damn cool but shit so far my recovery kit's at $1.5K+... only buying the best and most expensive.

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I haven't heard anything about a tank for the F150's. I read a while back on the F250 forums they had tanks made. They ran into problems with the DTE calculator not working anymore and had to push on Ford pretty hard to actually get an option (from the dealer) to be able to have the DTE calculator accommodate the 50 gal tanks. From what I understood, the tanks weren't much larger than the stock tanks, either.

Edit: I would be worried what the extra weight will do to the trucks handling, though. Not necessarily the weight of the fuel (only 84lbs) but I think the tanks were pretty heavy.

Last edited:

Steve-O

FRF Addict
Reaction score
$3.15?!?!?! Im paying that for premium! lol. (Im sure Owe'Malley has more taxes on it)

Check out the video I posted of Imdubious pulling the TMX RV out of the mud. That right there sold me on bubba ropes. I will be getting one soon.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
$3.15?!?!?! Im paying that for premium! lol. (Im sure Owe'Malley has more taxes on it)

Check out the video I posted of Imdubious pulling the TMX RV out of the mud. That right there sold me on bubba ropes. I will be getting one soon.

Imdobious' setup. I commandeered the rig and did the actual extraction.

OP
OP
New Guy

New Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yeah I'd definitely jump on getting a set of Bubba's cause they're pretty awesome!

On another note... seriously no-one's found out about the 50-Gallon Tank development process? I like long-distance and only filling up when I have too, plus when SHTF the Raptor is the ultimate GTFOD vehicle.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Edit: I would be worried what the extra weight will do to the trucks handling, though. Not necessarily the weight of the fuel (only 84lbs) but I think the tanks were pretty heavy.

50 gallons of gasoline would weigh about 300 lbs.

IMO: Adding an extra tank to "save money" on gas because the price is low is like eating 3 more meals a day because food prices are low.

:signs6:

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
50 gallons of gasoline would weigh about 300 lbs.

IMO: Adding an extra tank to "save money" on gas because the price is low is like eating 3 more meals a day because food prices are low.

:signs6:

I was adding only the weight from the extra fuel (14 gallons) since the tank is already 36 gallons. Unless I misunderstood him and he is wanting an extra 50 gallon tank making his total 86 gallons...