NEED HELP: NY registration problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Stingray23

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The weight becomes a non issue if you do those things listed. All you have to do is say that you did those things because they cant inspect or prove otherwise.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had commercial plates on my Chevy Z71 1500 when I lived there. I didn't know any better, I never had any problems.

What is the price difference?
And why are there road restrictions?

OP
OP
Stingray23

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You cant use the parkways. I'm just gonna go in and fill the form out saying it was modified to use passenger plates or register as a suburban. They cant prove you wrong if they cant see it. They have to take your word for it. Nice loophole.

M1919A2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i went to the dmv to register my raptor. I'm doing transfer plates since i traded my z06 in for my raptor and want to use the same plates. I fill out the forms, present them with all the documents they need, and the guy behind the counter tells me i need to register my truck as a commercial vehicle and will need commercial plates. I told him that it is not gonna be used as a commercial vehicle and that my cousin, who just got a new f150 platinum, just transferred his plates from his bmw and they didnt say anything to him about that. I'd like to know what can i do? Was this guy just being a ******* and wanting me to register new plates to pay more money? It makes no sense. I see tons of pickups in my area without commercial plates. What makes me so "special"? Really ******* pissed as i cant drive my truck now and really wanted to get this over with.

move to a real place!