Need help do I need to lemon my raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andrew 157

Reaction score
I have a 2012 ford raptor I don't drive my truck much but around 47,000 miles I started having shifting problems. So they started of by replacing my clutches along with valves they found little shaving inside the trans. well after all that it is still not fixed. I took it back well this went on for 3 more times. so now my truck has been in shop more then 30 days 4 trips to shop now trying fix it. last time it was in there they found a short in a wire and said they fixed it for sure. Well driving it home they forgot put on my exhaust on, it fell of going down road. well not even 200 mile later same shifting problems codes are coming up. and I am 500 miles away from my warnty running out I need help on some ideas what ask for

Last edited:

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you put all 47k miles on it and bought it new, i don't know if u could lemon law it.

"In all states, the substantial defect must occur within a certain period of time (usually one or two years) or within a certain number of miles (usually 12,000 or 24,000). The defect must not be caused by abuse."

OP
OP
A

Andrew 157

Reaction score
I have seen that then more I look it seems like it's kind of a fine print thing I see also post where long as the vehicle is in the original warnty I not to sure I might have call some one about it for my state

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that sounds like a good start. even if there are legal people here, they have liability to consider.

OP
OP
A

Andrew 157

Reaction score
My dealership did what ford told them to do the last two times nothing they could have done. And sorry your not capable of reading without periods let me go fix this just for you....... kind hard put all this with a phone that has glass falling out

Last edited:

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't they warranty parts for 1 year or 12,000 miles?

I know when my parents expedition had back to back trans issues out of warranty, the second trip to the dealer was covered by that 1 year warranty/dealer probably ****** up the install.

Try another dealer. Sounds like the guy working on your truck was either rushing or dgaf. That, or there is something else that they haven't noticed that is causing all these issues to keep reoccurring.

OP
OP
A

Andrew 157

Reaction score
What I am worried about is it's not the trans and the other parts wont be covered when my warnty run out. So I want ask for a extended warnty for the truck and a new trans or just get me out the truck and find a new one or something else. at this point I don't care! They just now started giving me the run around wont call back can't get a number for my local rep. I just don't want be stuck with a truck with alot of problems later on down the road.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, good luck getting a new transmission for free unless the truck really needs one.
Even getting an extended power-train warranty will cost you.

Is there not another dealer close by?

Have another place look at it, it seems that dealership doesn't care to figure it out.