Nav missing roads?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We took a trip to the florida pan handle this past weekend and notice that the nav could not find Wakulla Florida. Then noticed once I found on my own that that map would not display roads. It would show the arrow moving along as if we were off road. The computer would call out street names, but they would not be displayed. Is there a way to upgrade the maps with more current data? The roads we were driving on have been there a long time.

OP
OP
S

spot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Bird for that super informative answer. :Wedgie: Silverbolt thanks for the conformation. Have never owned anything newer than a 78 I'm a little behind on car tech. I am an old school carb, iron block and heads 3 pedal kind of guy and all this electronic stuff in a car is new. Heck my 78 still has a cassette player in it.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Thanks Bird for that super informative answer. :Wedgie: Silverbolt thanks for the conformation. Have never owned anything newer than a 78 I'm a little behind on car tech. I am an old school carb, iron block and heads 3 pedal kind of guy and all this electronic stuff in a car is new. Heck my 78 still has a cassette player in it.

These new fangled gizmo's are fun and frustrating too. While it shouldn't be related to missing roads it still can be a factor, the military does not allow civillian GPS to be as accurate as it possibly could be. The GPS satelight system is all military/government run and operated. They have a fluxuating error factor that prevents the civillian user from having 100% accuracy. The premise is that it will help prevent bad guys from using the system against us.