Nasty Noises Coming out of 4Low

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richmeyer

Reaction score
Been searching the interwebz and the forums for the last few hours but haven't found much. Any time I shift the truck out of 4Low, I get this really nasty grinding followed by a really harsh engagement, usually accompanied by the "shift delayed" message. It goes in and out of 4Hi no problem.

Some of the info I've found points to the transfer case shift motor, anything else I should look for?

Hasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a similar issue, when shifting out of 4 low, sounded like marbles rattling in a can. I also had to drive around to get it to disengage. 2H to 4H worked perfectly. Brought to the dealer and they diagnosed a broken retainer clip that allowed the gear to walk out in the transfer case destroying all internals. They rebuilt the transfer case under warranty. Advisor said it’s the second one of the week and that the new parts had been updated; for what that’s worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

richmeyer

Reaction score
I had a similar issue, when shifting out of 4 low, sounded like marbles rattling in a can. I also had to drive around to get it to disengage. 2H to 4H worked perfectly. Brought to the dealer and they diagnosed a broken retainer clip that allowed the gear to walk out in the transfer case destroying all internals. They rebuilt the transfer case under warranty. Advisor said it’s the second one of the week and that the new parts had been updated; for what that’s worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, wish I still was under warranty....