My Truck Found A Toy To Play With.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
1942-photo.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
RaptorScrew

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No I didn't. I don't think I'd fit.

I passed by it and swung around to snap a picture of it.

Don't those things only get about 28-30 mpg? At that rate spend the same amount of money and get something that will protect you in a crash.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Oh the typical smart hater. They are VERY safe cars. They have a solid one piece cage (black part on this car). They have some of the best side impact crash ratings. It has the same safety ratings as a Mercedes E class. And they average high 30s to mid 40s. I'm 6' and fit easily with room to spare.
Test drive it just to see what they are all about

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Okay, safety is a common misconception if the smart car. Yes, it's safe but to what degree? It's rated extremely well for its class. They've even compared it to the Mercedes E-class. However, its safety rating is once again only well for its class. You compare that to a big truck and you're ******.

Don't get me wrong, if I had to get something as small as a smart car then it'd be a smart car for its safety. But that's only because it's as safe as it gets... for its class.

OP
OP
RaptorScrew

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh the typical smart hater. They are VERY safe cars. They have a solid one piece cage (black part on this car). They have some of the best side impact crash ratings. It has the same safety ratings as a Mercedes E class. And they average high 30s to mid 40s. I'm 6' and fit easily with room to spare.
Test drive it just to see what they are all about

You are ABSOLUTELY correct. This has a strong cage. However, If you were going forward and hit something at say 40 mph, the cage may not crumple however there is no sheet metal or frame structure in front of you to absorb the crash prior to the shockwave entering the cabin.

The SmartCar has nothing there. In my opinion the driver/passenger will absorb most if not all of the impact. There is a much slimmer hope that your body will be able to handle that compared to a larger car in the same impact.