My tailgate was stolen!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
After reading this thread, when I got home last night I threw a hose clamp on the tailgate.

Granted it's far from "theftproof", but it cost .50 and took all of 18 seconds. I beleive in most cases, when it comes to d-bag thieves, they prefer a quick job. They dont want to be hanging around, so the clamp may be just the ticket to get them to move on the something easier.
I put my hose clamp on last night, too. I had one that was just the right size in the junk drawer of my toolbox.

BeEatNU

Reaction score
Yeah it sucks because mine was just stolen on Saturday. :/
Like seriously who in the f*ck goes around and steal tailgates.

BeEatNU

Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that. What area was your truck in so I avoid that area. Did you have any of the locks on it? Or an alarm?

Honestly this is the first this has ever happened in regards to theft in my area, I am on the border of Torrance/Gardena/El Camino Village.
I doubt its anyone local though. I have stock alarm but that does nothing for the tail gate.

I keep mine locked with a bed cover, not that it will stop anyone but it can buy some time.

yeah it sucks because I normally lock mine, I had to move stuff that night/next morning and I forgot to lock it. :/

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I lock my tailgate, have a clamp style lock, a locking bed cover, keep it in a locked garage, AND I sleep in the truck bed with a Beretta 12 gauge. So far my tailgate hasn't been bothered!