My tailgate was stolen!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LEGORAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SO I WOKE UP THIS MORNING, GET INTO MY TRUCK AND HEAD TO THE GYM. I ALWAYS PARK MY TRUCK FACING FORWARD SO WHEN I SHIFTED TO REVERSE I NOTICED MY SCREEN WAS ALL BLACK, I THOUGHT "WTF, THE TAILGATE MUST BE DOWN OR THERE SOMETHING ******** WITH THE CAMERA. SO I FINISH PARKING, GET OFF AND AS I WALK BEHING MY TRUCK I SEE THAT THE TAILGATE WAS REMOVED. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ***********!!!" :banghead: AFTER THAT I PARKED BACK INFRONT OF MY HOUSE, CALLED THE COPS, THEY DID THE REPORT, I CALLED MY INSURANCE COMPANY (GEICKO), I WILL PAY A $500 DEDUCTIBLE FOR IT. I JUST GOT BACK FROM FORD TO HAVE AN INVOICE MADE TO SHOW THE ADJUSTER HOW MUCH $$$ I SHOULD GET FOR THE TAILGATE. TURNS OUT IT COSTS $4,400.94. DAMN, NO WONDER THAT ************ TOOK MY SHIT. OH WELL, I WILL BE DRIVING AROUND FOR ATLEAST A WEEK WITHOUT A TAILGATE. ******* HATERZ

Attachments

• IMG_0366.jpg
    IMG_0366.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 554
  • IMG_0367.jpg
    IMG_0367.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_0368.jpg
    IMG_0368.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_0369.jpg
    IMG_0369.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:

jeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry about that man ! must be a real pain in the ass i would be pissed. people are low stealing stuff is my biggest pet peeve. make sure o keep the new one locked i'm gonna go lock mine after this post.

Wheela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya that little lock goes a long way, but damn thats f-cked up, I would be looking everywhere for it, we had a guy around here stealin tailgates and when they busted him he had like 40+ of them, it was insane seeing them all lined up.

def keep an eye out on craigslist and the such for it, im scanning it now for most of southern texas

Last edited:

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow. I've got the bakflip on mine and it's usually locked. But, if they are willing to steal the gate, then they will have no problem popping the bakflip and probably taking it too. MFers.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
$4.4K for the tailgate! Damn! Screw replacing it, just get WSI's chase rack or rear bumper/tire carrier setup then get a factory reverse camera to mount somewhere and use the other $$ on other mods. it's a win-win that way.