My Roush SC Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my Raptor is undergoing it's biggest personality change. When it comes out from under the wrench it should be wearing a Roush badge next to the 6.2L insignias. It's new personality will be a reflection of Team JDM's 700HP upgrade package and custom tune.
My 13yo son and I started working on the install last weekend slowly letting him learn as we went. Today I realized that all of that climbing around on top of the fenders and stuff could be minimized by lowering the truck to the floor with the wheels off. What a difference! We are halfway through and should finish it this coming weekend. No real progress during school days. So-far I have only encountered 2 minor problems, one with the fuel vapor return hose being too small: they want you to force 3/8" onto 1/2" fittings. I got the correct size from the local parts store. Second, discovered that the TB adaptor had a crack on the inside of the Red o-ring groove. Called Roush yesterday and sent pictures. A new replacement was here before I got home from work today! That was impressive customer service. So, that's as far as we have gotten.

IMAG3674_zpso5yddxwa.jpg
IMAG3687_zpswvtzzglg.jpg
IMAG3697_zpskchg8nti.jpg
IMAG3713_zps1m4s7gqf.jpg
IMAG3716_zps7spavv47.jpg

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Awesome! I wish I had a garage like that with a lift when I helped a friend of mine install a procharger on his 2012 5.0 F150. My arms all the way up to my elbows were cut up.

Good luck! Post lots of pictures.

OP
OP
HAP

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Progression: some pic's up to today. Should have it complete tomorrow. Need to make a custom bracket for the Moroso oil separator. The Roush degas tank uses the exact same location and shock mount bolts.

R,
HAP

IMAG3726_zpsibeoqt6o.jpg
IMAG3727_zpsrjluzlpp.jpg
IMAG3732_zpsridn1lbq.jpg
IMAG3734_zpsfcu3vmbe.jpg

tahitiansoul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice job. Love your garage, and no better way to spend your time with your boy, memories stay.

OP
OP
HAP

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roush Stage 2/JDM Upgrade Complete

Finished the Moroso bracket and did the final checks. Loaded the JDM Tune and fired it up at 1430 today. Ran perfect!
Now I just have to get re-acquainted with my Raptor.

R,
HAP

IMAG3743_zpsyajcacvu.jpg
IMAG3749_zpse8rui4gj.jpg

sombra

Reaction score
Can't wait to read your impressions after you drive it for a couple of days.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Love the pic of your boy in his hard hat. Bet he bragged to his friends about working on Dad's toy!