My Raptor after 3.7 years...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

c-ne-elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI, I know when I was looking at buying a Raptor there was not much historical data, so for what it is worth, here is my experience with the truck and with my mod's after 3.7 years and >50k miles with LOTS of these miles being off road.

TRUCK
I have only had one problem with the factory truck and that is when I blew out a front shock (and yes, it was my fault) Went to buy a new shock and when I recovered from the sticker shock at the price, I found out I could have the factory shock re-built for $125 which I did and it's been perfect ever since.

Other than that, I have had no, none, nada problems with the truck. Just normal maintenance.

MODS - I did 99% of my mods within the first 6 months of owning the truck

First the good then the "not so good"

RPG Stage 3 and National Springs - great product, no issues to date. Springs are still in the same position (have not sagged) from the day I got them.

5 Star Tune - Still working like I installed it. Switch it back and forth from economy to power several times a year with no issues.

Rigid 40" light bar and D2's - will still blind you

Designs N Signs Hood Graphics - just like the day I put it on the truck This is one TOUGH Graphic! No fading.

Rollnloc bed cover - other than needing to adjust it every now and then it performs flawlessly.

Method Wheels - still look great even though I have abused them at times.

LineX on bed and fender wells - putting the LineX coating in the fender wells was probably the best Mod that I did. Sooo easy to clean and looks great.

Warn winch - have used 6 times, mainly pulling others out. Has performed flawlessly but next time I will go back to the steel cable in lieu of the synthetic that I have now. You are supposed to replace the synthetic cable every year, I am on my 2nd one. It does not age well. The steel cable just sits there waiting to be used.

ADD Bumpers - Put front and rear bumpers on the truck to get rid of the plastic poc that comes from the factory. The powder coating on both of my bumpers faded within a year and I park IN a garage during the day and at night. No sitting out in the sun. Powder coating has also flaked off (on the rear bumper too so it's not rocks doing it) but worse of all is the flat, faded powder coating. If you get these bumpers, have them coated with LineX. I have a buddy with LineX coated bumpers he had done shortly after my bumpers and his still look good.

Raptor Retrofit Headlights - My amber halo's burned out within 3 months, sent them back to Dawson who fixed them but said he would only fix them once. 3 months later, they were 50% gone. 1 year after I had them and one of the headlights quit working. Sure for $300 plus they could get fixed... don't think so, dump those money pits and went back to the factories. I need to be able to DEPEND on my lights. Can't drive home from the desert using my 40" light bar.

I still love my truck, it is my daily driver and my desert and mountain rambler. If I had it to do over again, I would get another one just like it!!

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Positive affirmation is priceless

Your experience is similar to mine, all grins

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had mine almost the same amount of time. It's the only vehicle I've ever owned that I still LOVE after more 2 years of ownership. I've never been able to say that before. Mine is a 2010 6.2 that I bought as a CPO with 17k on it. It has 94k on it now.
Issues to date;
Annoying rattle in supercab door since day one, I think I've found it now but I've put hours into silencing that bugger!
Drivers seat heater fried.
Rear shock blown
Trans took a crap around 80k- totally a random event
Back up camera just quit

Given how much my truck has been driven, used, and abused, I can't believe it's done so well.
Mods;
Mid perch
RPG bump stop
Deavers
Fenders cut for 37" tires
Line X
SVC bumpers and dovetail
Rigid 30" light

It's mostly stock and has run very well, it's been driven cross country at least 6 times and has been on some real goat trails in Baja. It's the best all around vehicle I have owned, and I've had around 30 of them in my life.
Best truck ever, in my opinion.