My Gasoline Door....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
....won't stay closed. It acts like it is warped and appears to have some vertical play. I can't see any screws and am wondering what I should do next? I'm a few miles short of 160,000, so I guess this is where the truck starts to fall apart! Lol

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It happened to my truck around 42k miles. Go to ford and get a new gas door assembly. It will be the revised and i believe better and stronger springs. simple install. I just handed it to my mechanic (he works for me) lol

Its super snappy and strong. Parts guy told me Ford addressed the issue, was very common problem with f150s. Or use above link from Bulletnjm to do it yourself.

Last edited:

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My gas door/refuel receptacle has not been the same since someone stole gas from me...

I assume the went in through the nozzle filler neck? Wonder how they did it?

I have a lock that goes into the gas nozzle filler neck in the truck. If you want it, PM me your full name and address and I'll ship it out next week to yeah.

Later,
@Yukon Joe

OP
OP
dataustin

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, I am thinking of doing this tomorrow. Are we sure there isn't a DIY tube out there? lol

FireLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I am thinking of doing this tomorrow. Are we sure there isn't a DIY tube out there? lol
If you follow the link above, it will show the repair... Its simple once you get the assembly out. Drill a small hole in bottom of the plastic rod that came out, re insert and pin.. good to go..

I just searched on Google on how to remove a F150 fuel door and found a video showing how to get it out. I do not remember the link. You should be able to find it.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
dataustin

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
.....is now fixed! And yes, per most of the tubes out there, the hardest part was getting it out of the fender (the one tube where the guy reached up from behind to loosen the tabs was useless). I just pried it out with two screwdrivers!

So I tapped the pin back in and was having an issue with the spring when I realized that the pin which is attached to the door had rotated approximately 90 degrees. Once I twisted it around, everything fell into place.

At this point, I thought I would just put it back 'as is' given that it had worked for 160,000 miles. So I did just that only to have it break after three tries! So back out it came.

My model has the pin flush at the bottom (not extended out offering the cotter pin solution), so I drilled a hole and used a small screw and washer. Done!!

Thanks for the input forum members....

Attachments

• IMG_2044.jpg
    IMG_2044.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 75