My 2013 Scab is a paper weight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
jrodrg

jrodrg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I've wanted one since i was little. Plus I've got both lake Erie and lake Ontario to enjoy. That's a sweet boat Prybar

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for all your help though!
Ask the dealer for the trade in value with the bad carfax.
Take the difference to small claims, they will have to show up and substantiate there bad report; if they don't show they loose by default.

D

Deleted member 12951

Ask the dealer for the trade in value with the bad carfax.
Take the difference to small claims, they will have to show up and substantiate there bad report; if they don't show they loose by default.

Who are you suing, the dealership or carfax?

MeenieMe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who are you suing, the dealership or carfax?

I've done far too much research on this lately (but thankfully, my truck was deemed a total loss in the end). In most states, the diminished value claim goes against the at-fault party - whose insurance company would then field it on their behalf. The statute of limitations varies by state. I believe NY is 3 years from time of accident. It falls under the joyous area of tort law. If the carfax is incorrect, this wouldn't really solve it. But once the carfax was corrected, you could recover the diminished value either in small claims court (if under your state threshold), or you step up to the big leagues. You would want estimates from multiple dealers to substantiate the loss in value. Stay away from any formulas for calculating it...ultimately, it is the difference in fair market value and not an algorithm that an actuary came up with.

All The Way

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Jarrod. Never met the guy...

1174887_10151893558116565_1253441257_n.jpg