My 2013 Scab is a paper weight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrodrg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well not really but according to Carfax....

So I took my truck into a local dealership over the weekend and priced out a new BMW M4 with European Delivery.

Dealership said they would give me 40-45k before they ran my vin and I was upfront about it being rear ended in June 2013.

Here's the extent of the damage (see pics)

So after they ran my vin they of course saw the car fax and according to the carfax it was in a "serious" collision with 2 other cars. I told the dealer that was ******** but they couldn't take it in on trade because of what carfax said about the vehicle.

So basically I'll never be able to trade my truck in and if I get a dealership that will they'll probably low ball the shit out of me.

Anyone have any suggestions? Experience with this type of thing?

I've already emailed carfax but from what I'm reading it's a loss cause.

Attachments

• photo (8).jpg
    photo (8).jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 181
  • photo (7).jpg
    photo (7).jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 169

Idleone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I read in another thread you didn't have the repairs completed. Did you have the vehicle inspected by your or the other parties insurance? Were you paid out on the damages?

OP
OP
jrodrg

jrodrg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I read in another thread you didn't have the repairs completed. Did you have the vehicle inspected by your or the other parties insurance? Were you paid out on the damages?

Yes I was paid out and took the money and bought a front A.D.D bumper.

Yes the truck was inspected by my insurance adjuster. It was hit below 20mph.

Was there something else I should've done.

Idleone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes I was paid out and took the money and bought a front A.D.D bumper.

Yes the truck was inspected by my insurance adjuster. It was hit below 20mph.

Was there something else I should've done.

Not necessarily. I would contact your adjuster, have him email Carfax and request he update the information. Carfax will have the information updated per the adjusters request within 48 hours. So was your vehicle rear ended and pushed into another? Or was it rear damage only? Did you happen to have your frame looked at?

Also, I would go to another dealer. That is bs

OP
OP
jrodrg

jrodrg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily. I would contact your adjuster, have him email Carfax and request he update the information. Carfax will have the information updated per the adjusters request within 48 hours. So was your vehicle rear ended and pushed into another? Or was it rear damage only? Did you happen to have your frame looked at?

I was at a complete stop and so was the person behind me. I saw her get hit from behind so I let up on the brake pedal and let her contact me then I slammed on the brake quickly so I didn't hit the car in front me of... I have the reflexes of a cat. haha

I was barely touched to be honest. I had the adjusted quickly look at it but everything seemed to be ok. The impacted caused the bumper to slightly come up and nick my quarter too. The majority of the payout was due to replacing the rear graphic to blend the quarter.

Idleone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Like I said, contact your adjuster. Mistakes like this are very common in the industry and are easily fixed. Let us know how it turns out.

OP
OP
jrodrg

jrodrg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
jrodrg

jrodrg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like I said, contact your adjuster. Mistakes like this are very common in the industry and are easily fixed. Let us know how it turns out.

Just talked to the insurance adjuster that handled the case. She said there was nothing on her end that she could do because they don't report to Carfax plus the way she wrote it up said "rear end collision" and no indication it was in a serious accident. She said she can write me up a detailed summary of the accident for my records but honestly this isn't going to help unless a private sale.

Idleone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just talked to the insurance adjuster that handled the case. She said there was nothing on her end that she could do because they don't report to Carfax plus the way she wrote it up said "rear end collision" and no indication it was in a serious accident. She said she can write me up a detailed summary of the accident for my records but honestly this isn't going to help unless a private sale.

She is being lazy. Trust me. Send the information she sends you in to Carfax and they will resolve your problem.