It must hurt them...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
...when they whip their heads around to figure out what they are seeing when passing on the road or an intersection. I swear the truck has almost caused a couple of accidents.

I'm almost a little uncomfortable. LOL. :Stupid Me:

I ASSume others have similar situations?

I'm only 1100 miles in, but I don't remember my neck hurting as bad when I would admire the Raptor before I was an owner...

Matt

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it happens. A lot depends on where you are. I was down in Sacramento this Saturday, you would have thought I was driving a parade float.
Here in NV, I kind of blend in, not as much attention.
This is not the vehicle to rob banks in.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the times I have been either had my Raptor's picture taken or videoed as I drove along minding my own business. It's a weird feeling to look over at the car next to you & the passenger is shooting video.

Last edited:

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The more mods you add, the worse it gets. :)

Every couple times I pump gas I feel like I have to give some seminar on the History of the Raptor. I'm getting to where I can end the conversations fairly quickly. I hand 'em an FRF card and say " go here, we have everything you want to know"

Chrisandalex1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of my other cars is a 67 Shelby Cobra. I finally became immune to the constant attention. People would actually get out of their cars at stoplights and take pictures.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's how I learned that somebody finally started building my dream truck! Darn near broke my neck, but at least I spotted the Ford Oval. Good thing God invented neck vertibre or I'd still be driving a GMC.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Yeah I've noticed a few people doing it. A truck full of teenagers passed me the other day and the dude in the back middle seat about snapped his neck and then stuck it out the rear window looking.

I've had a few thumbs ups from construction workers around here too.

My wife sees more of them than me, since she's in the passenger seat and paying attention to anything but driving. I've had several cars pass me, slow down and then pass me again looking at it.

I've only had one gas station conversation so far and it was a fairly quick one, he was just asking about the engine.

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was trailering a Tux Black Crew Cab behind my F250 Harley, when I saw a State Trooper pull in behind me. I checked my speed, about 5 over?? He stayed behind me for about 5-6 min's, then SLOWLY MOVED up next to the Raptor, for 3-4 min's no shit............. then he pulled up next to my drivers window. I see he has a camera and he gives me the OK sign and then a Thumbs up...........

randy

OP
OP
Phyguy

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice!

I definitely notice the cars going to pass, then staying at speed with me for a while, then passing....

The wife even noticed it and asked if they were rubbernecking. That's the only think I can figure...or my fly is down and they have great vision. Russel tends to draw attention when exposed. :crazy:

I love this truck. Just did a 1k oil change tonight. Glad I saw the thread on taking off the skid plate. Made life easy.

Thanks for the chat. Have a good week.

Matt

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been stopped at gas stations, Wal-Mart parking lots, restaurant parking lots, and even apartment parking lots and found myself giving a little mini-briefing on the features and merits of the Raptor. Ford needs to at least print business cards for me!

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I was trailering a Tux Black Crew Cab behind my F250 Harley, when I saw a State Trooper pull in behind me. I checked my speed, about 5 over?? He stayed behind me for about 5-6 min's, then SLOWLY MOVED up next to the Raptor, for 3-4 min's no shit............. then he pulled up next to my drivers window. I see he has a camera and he gives me the OK sign and then a Thumbs up...........

randy

I had a cop follow me home just to look at it.I backed up into my drive way and he parked his cruiser and walked up my drive to check it out.
My wife was like " what'd you do now?" lol