Must do "mods" and upgrades?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
stewwalker

stewwalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My off-road loads should not be too heavy. 2 bikes, tools, 2-3 gear bags, gas can, cooler and maybe 50 lbs of other junk... 800-900 lbs? Stock leaf springs cant handle this? I for sure wont be pushing the truck hard with all that gear in it.

I have been looking into rear bump stops. 2 or 4 inch stroke is the question.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
My off-road loads should not be too heavy. 2 bikes, tools, 2-3 gear bags, gas can, cooler and maybe 50 lbs of other junk... 800-900 lbs? Stock leaf springs cant handle this? I for sure wont be pushing the truck hard with all that gear in it.

I have been looking into rear bump stops. 2 or 4 inch stroke is the question.

4" is for towing. Acts as a helper spring.

You will squat the truck stock springs with that sort of load.

DT 714

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I met a guy the other day at the motocross track that recommended yalls lights. Said your an Aggie too. Where are yall located?

Yep, I'm an Aggie too hahah...whom did you speak with? And we're on the west side of Houston.

I confess….it was me….

So damn hot at the track….I'm gonna haveta switch to night practice..!!

Almost had a damn heat stroke Wednesday….but the track was perfect.

Stewart - did looking at my chase rack set-up help with your idea of hauling mx bikes? It works well for me….just carrying one spare.

Hey Nick…..!!

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

Engine and t case Skid plate. This should be everyone's first mod and very few people do it.

Where can I get these skid plates?

What is the install like?

Thanks..!!

sonoma

Dispatch
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
It appears you will be using the truck mostly on road and for some offroad driving in Baja...nothing crazy.

I would invest in the 2" bumpstop kit (reinforce frame), mid perch or top perch, dual shocks from Fox(some of the vendors on here sell the sets) for the Raptor (makes it drive like its on pillows - very smooth)

The chase rack would work with two bikes and gear.

Rear facing amber light in the bed

Weathertech is a great idea.

No bed support....don't need it!

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I confess….it was me….

So damn hot at the track….I'm gonna haveta switch to night practice..!!

Almost had a damn heat stroke Wednesday….but the track was perfect.

Stewart - did looking at my chase rack set-up help with your idea of hauling mx bikes? It works well for me….just carrying one spare.

Hey Nick…..!!

Thanks for giving Stewart the head's up, brother! I appreciate it!

Rear facing amber light in the bed

Stewart, we carry true amber lights as well, no covers needed, if you decide to go this route!

OP
OP
stewwalker

stewwalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After looking at that chase rack, I know it will work. However, I have been looking into a roll top bed cover also. It would be nice to have some secure storage capabilities.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
After looking at that chase rack, I know it will work. However, I have been looking into a roll top bed cover also. It would be nice to have some secure storage capabilities.

If you're going to be using the truck off-road, I wouldn't recommend a rolling bed cover. I know of quite a few folks that had issues with them after wheeling. Your best bet would be a BakFlip. I've got a BakFlip F1 that I'm quite happy with and it has held up to trips at TORR in Huntsville and TRR 2014 in April.