Must do modes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
as said before it depends on what u plan to do with the truck. if its a street queen not much is needed. if u offroad it depends on how crazy u get with it

either way i think
mid perch
rear leaf springs
cat back
tune
power steering resevior
retrofit headlights or OEM projectors

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ok im gonna be a bit of a ****, and im sure im gonna be told im wrong. but anyone saying suspension or bump stops are MUST HAVE, are full of shit. yes they are if your running your truck really really hard. if its your daily driver and you do a few runs here and there you dont need any of that. i have a completly stock truck suspension wise, and im on stock perch with no bump stop kits, even in Chicago i run m truck pretty hard and accelerate over speed humps (not bumps full on 12" humps), ive done Havoc in the Hills, which was hard and rough as ****, and had no damage..... infact i got less damage then people with mods and perch adjustments. and as far as how hard i drove... KHC had the best time on day 2 at just under 25 min, that wasnt his first run either. my first run without knowing the track was under 30 min, and twice i passed people (3 trucks total passed) and the last leg i was behind someone where there was no way to pass. KHC has a modded truck and he had some runs under his belt, i have no mods and first run..... i ran that shit hard!

im not calling out KHC Dave in anyway, im just using his time, which was said to be the fastest.

now asfar as what i think should be done, a CAI that wakes up the truck and sounds good. a cat-back that sounds mean as ****! a bedrug. a DeeZee EZ Down. A tonno cover that works best for you and your budget and then as much lights as you can fit and afford! after these and if your running your truck real hard, then think of the others.... but it is not MUST HAVE shit.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ok im gonna be a bit of a ****, and im sure im gonna be told im wrong. but anyone saying suspension or bump stops are MUST HAVE, are full of shit. yes they are if your running your truck really really hard. if its your daily driver and you do a few runs here and there you dont need any of that. i have a completly stock truck suspension wise, and im on stock perch with no bump stop kits, even in Chicago i run m truck pretty hard and accelerate over speed humps (not bumps full on 12" humps), ive done Havoc in the Hills, which was hard and rough as ****, and had no damage..... infact i got less damage then people with mods and perch adjustments. and as far as how hard i drove... KHC had the best time on day 2 at just under 25 min, that wasnt his first run either. my first run without knowing the track was under 30 min, and twice i passed people (3 trucks total passed) and the last leg i was behind someone where there was no way to pass. KHC has a modded truck and he had some runs under his belt, i have no mods and first run..... i ran that shit hard!

im not calling out KHC Dave in anyway, im just using his time, which was said to be the fastest.

now asfar as what i think should be done, a CAI that wakes up the truck and sounds good. a cat-back that sounds mean as ****! a bedrug. a DeeZee EZ Down. A tonno cover that works best for you and your budget and then as much lights as you can fit and afford! after these and if your running your truck real hard, then think of the others.... but it is not MUST HAVE shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
but anyone saying suspension or bump stops are MUST HAVE, are full of shit. yes they are if your running your truck really really hard. if its your daily driver and you do a few runs here and there you dont need any of that. i have a completly stock truck suspension wise, and im on stock perch with no bump stop kits, even in Chicago i run m truck pretty hard and accelerate over speed humps (not bumps full on 12" humps), ive done Havoc in the Hills, which was hard and rough as ****, and had no damage..... infact i got less damage then people with mods and perch adjustments.
I agree with you. I am completely stock, too, and have done four TRR events with no issues. It all has to do with control of your right foot.

Your money is better spent on ... wait for it ... recovery gear and a fire extinguisher (both of which are required for several different Raptor events).

OP
OP

6cuda6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys....this is my "when I'm home " driver that will be many a ski hauler in the winter....it will see a bit of off roading but nothing like what I suspect you guys do.

I do agree with all said here and I have a few of what mentioned;

Tonneau cover
Bed liner
Rubber floor mats

Looking to add;

Recovery gear (#1)

Fog lights
Tint front windows
Mud flaps (recommendations ?)

Then suspension type upgrades....

jdruzik

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The mud flaps I recommend are those offered by Proven Design. They can be customized the way you want them. They are strong and offer great protection...

PICT0019_zps283e6e30.jpg

Here's what I chose...