Mother Nature's cold air intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
So one morning last week it was -8* F. My truck was a friggen hog. My gas mileage dumped to probably 9.x MPG but wow what a difference in really cold weather with a V8. It hit 3500RPMS and stuffed me in my seat like I had never felt before. Thoughts? Anyone feel me here?

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So one morning last week it was -8* F. My truck was a friggen hog. My gas mileage dumped to probably 9.x MPG but wow what a difference in really cold weather with a V8. It hit 3500RPMS and stuffed me in my seat like I had never felt before. Thoughts? Anyone feel me here?

The colder the air the more hp you will have... Run a dyno test at -10...lol great dense air the best away to increase hp... Thats why these so called cai's are not real cai's they lean more to hai's
Been there many times testing and these new vehicles need cold air for best performance... 30 years in vehicle testing with 13 in powertrain calibration i did learn a few things...

Last edited:
OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
The colder the air the more hp you will have... Run a dyno test at -10...lol great dense air the best away to increase hp... Thats why these so called cai's are not real cai's they lean more to hai's
Been there many times testing and these new vehicles need cold air for best performance... 30 years in vehicle testing with 13 in powertrain calibration i did learn a few things...

so does the cold air(dense = more oxygen) theory work as cold as u want to go?