Moonroof Replaced - leaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B-52Gunner

Reaction score
Moonroof Replaced - leaking (now with pics, dealer damage following the repair)

I had to get the Moonroof replaced in my 2014 Screw - it was leaking water from the track. Water was leaking from the track where two plastic pieces are riveted together (passenger side front) and white sealant is compressed between them - supposed to pick it up today hopefully (fingers crossed) they did a good job. They are replacing the headliner as well. They said they had to take the seats and center console out as well so they had room to work.

Last edited:

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if they found any loose change between the seats, lol. Hope it fixes the leak! It's an expensive repair if you didn't have warranty!

OP
OP
B

B-52Gunner

Reaction score
It came with the vehicle, I didn't really have a choice. I will never get another one - that's for sure.

ThomasL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love mine. Bummer to hear about issues. Any way to prevent it or any way to look at mine and see if an issue is developing with it?

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had to get the Moonroof replaced in my 2014 Screw - it was leaking water from the track. Water was leaking from the track where two plastic pieces are riveted together (passenger side front) and white sealant is compressed between them - supposed to pick it up today hopefully (fingers crossed) they did a good job. They are replacing the headliner as well. They said they had to take the seats and center console out as well so they had room to work.

I'm glad things are progressing nicely, B-52Gunner; let us know what you think when you pick up your truck. You know where to find me if there's anything else I can do. :)

Crystal

OP
OP
B

B-52Gunner

Reaction score
My leak became visible when water came out of the passenger grab handle on the A pilar. I got my truck back and they did fix the roof but scratched a ton of interior panels - the passenger perimeter door seal is damaged (looks like the dragged something across it and cut in to it), silver panel with vent under the passenger air bag panel is scratched, silver infotainment surround (the one around the video screen with the climate controls) is scratched, the silver panels to the left and right side of the infotainment system panel with the air vents are each scratched, center console back seat silver panel with the two air vents for the backseat is scratched and the clothing clip behind the driver seat has a little fold over cover to cover the screw, that is missing so the little clip needs to be replaced. When I brought it in it had none of this damage. So I have now contacted Crystal she has been helping me hopefully she can help me with this. I brought it in with no damage and it came back damaged - hopefully they agree to replace the damaged parts? I don't think it's asking a lot to get it back as good as it was when I brought it in. The worse part is the stress of having to go back, I hate to argue - I just want it fixed as good as it was. Wish me luck, hopefully Crystal can make some calls and get this taken care of so they are ready for me when I show up to show them what needs to be replaced?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We all go through this crap, its hard for people to take ******* pride in their workmanship these days. Drives me right up the f'n wall. Hope all works out.