Mods vs warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedTailHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With that being said, is there anyone here that has had a problem from a mod and had a dealer deny the claim?

If a few people indicate some problems after a particular mod, then I'll know to refrain from making that or similar mod

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I wish you would stop spreading this incorrect information across the forums. The dealer does NOT have to prove anything. All they have to say is..."no, we feel that your cold air intake added increased airflow into the intake manifold with led to a power increase which led to your transmission failing."

At that point the consumer must either accept it and pay out of pocket, tell them to eff off and find another dealer, or hire an attorney and fight it. Yes, you will probably win in court after having expert witnesses testify on your behalf, but you will not likely get your attorney's fees...so you are out a lot of money and time.

And yes, I'm speaking form experience...been there done that.

this is true, they don't have to "prove" anything...but by denying your claim they must have come to a conclusion which they are willing to stand behind if questioned...aka proving it. with that being said, will a CAI blow your transmission? no, it won't. will a supercharger? maybe. these are risks you must understand before adding forced induction.

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
this is true, they don't have to "prove" anything...but by denying your claim they must have come to a conclusion which they are willing to stand behind if questioned...aka proving it. with that being said, will a CAI blow your transmission? no, it won't. will a supercharger? maybe. these are risks you must understand before adding forced induction.

Agreed.

BKwizzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will a tune void factory's ext warranties?

Looking to get a. Stage 5 tune or something to boost my fun in a 2013 screw but will it void anything? Thanks for any thoughts and suggestions
Bk

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It can if it can be proved it cause any damage... it will only void things it can affect. engine, trans, exhaust others to many to write. so say you seat heater quit a tune would not void that

BKwizzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To Tune or to no tune

What are the advantages of a tune i.e (Stage 5) and are there any disadvantages?

Does it messy with the factory or ext warranty's?

BKwizzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It can if it can be proved it cause any damage... it will only void things it can affect. engine, trans, exhaust others to many to write. so say you seat heater quit a tune would not void that

Do you have a tune and have you noticed any damage to engine or trans. I have 1000 miles on my rig am happy but always want more lol
Is it worth the risk or should I wait until higher milage?

Dealers said things like who install matters most.....aka Go to Ford??
If I do that I should keep warranty in tact... I asked about a supercharger.

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you are worried about it dont touch your truck in anyway.

That is the simple answer, if you arent willing or cant pay to completely replace anything that breaks on your truck do not modify it in any way during its warranty period.

That being said, the probability of something occuring to your truck with our with out mods is very low. THe chance of a tune or exhaust/what ever causing a problem is only slightly higher then if it was stock.

Basically if you have a lemon a tune isnt going to change that fact. If you have a lemon and you are modified they will try everything in their power (dealer/ford) to deny your warranty claim. If that is to happen you either eat it or lawyer up for the long haul.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have a tune and have you noticed any damage to engine or trans. I have 1000 miles on my rig am happy but always want more lol
Is it worth the risk or should I wait until higher milage?

Dealers said things like who install matters most.....aka Go to Ford??
If I do that I should keep warranty in tact... I asked about a supercharger.

I do not have a tune and will not get one until the factory warranty expires... If something happens I dont want to go through any ********...