Mod Priority thoughts / Advice?

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All The Way

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As cheap as the ford racing light bar looks it has save my bumper on numerous occasions. The skid plate I'll just keep fixing till its 100% junk.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I did rear frame support and bump stops (RPG Stage 2) first and my next mod will be a new bumper before I do any more suspension work. Except maybe new leafs in the rear.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Well I am thinking I am going to do both, what the hell.
Just purchased those garage sale set of Icon's. Getting a third quote on a bumper and should make my final decision very soon.

Thanks for the comments so far.

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
I'd get bump stops before 3.0s. What gives people frame issues in the back is because the low amount of up travel. Where you run into issues is when the shock doesn't have enough travel to do its job. Bumpers/skids even without cutting the horns do make a big difference in the real world. It might not look like much but those few mm make a huge difference in approach angle. Though when you do cut the horns the approach angle gets that much better. People do it, but if you use your truck as a DD I wouldn't cut the frame. It gives insurance companies a way to not cover you if your in a bad front end accident. Especially if you talk about it on a public forum. I have been known to be called Fireman Dan or Ranger Danger but to me I just call it cautious... My truck is primarily on the street so the benefit/risk ratio is not nearly as good as others.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

I have the RPG Stage 3 using WSI leafs. Will have to look into this insurance thing.