Military New Cars Sales Conundrum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Campbellsoutlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys,

Being in the Air Force stationed on Guam, I spoke to the ENCS (Exchange New Car Sales) Rep about their program and picking up a Raptor. He told me that the 2014 allocations were gone, but Ford released the 2015s...even showed me on the program where I could build a 2015. The price point they are showing is $50,692.

Here's where you guys come in. He told me that if they don't build the 2015s like we all think, I will get the 2016 for the same price point as the 2015. (They had an entry level price point on the 2014 for $47,474 as a reference). This obviously is a bit of a gamble, kind of conceding that I won't get a 2014 and will just wait it out...on a vehicle that none of us have seen.

The only reason I am thinking about doing is because they can't raise the price for the 2016 above that number, so if the Raptor goes to $55,000 I'll still get it at the quoted price.

Let me know what you think.

Pew Pew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with MobileBeats. Right now everything is hear-say. There may have completely different options once they release a new truck.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did we talk about this before?

Don't do it. No telling what could happen between now and 2016. Besides, you'll probably be deployed by the time to order the 2016 comes out. lol.

If you do go ahead, you better get signature as far up as possible stating that AAFES will honor the 2015 price.

"The price point they are showing is $50,692." = Which trim level is that?

OP
OP
C

Campbellsoutlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. They quoted me $47474 as the price point on the 2014, but not sure if that had Ziebart and the other ENCS "mandatory" equipment items.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ziebart is a waste. Ask me how I know. All that other crap is optional. I wouldn't trust it but aafes does have the best deal around. If you could get an mfr from your rep, their boss, the regional rep, and that persons boss. Then maybe, just maybe. But not without those signature. How long are you on the island for?

OP
OP
C

Campbellsoutlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We leave for Qatar at the end of July...ASSUME you got the ziebart and it's terrible? Maybe I'll hold off (again), but it's tempting since it's all refundable.