Miles to Empty pretty damn accurate.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Due to failure to plan ahead on my part I almost ran out of gas over the weekend.

Trip comp. said I had 1 mile left before I ran out as I pulled into the gas station. I pumped 26.43 gallons. (It is a 26 gal. tank, isn't it?) Damn, that was close!

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
yes sir it's pretty accurate. the lowest i have been was 4mi to empty and pumped just about 26 gallons.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got to 3 the other day.... Was pretty damn nervous, but I made it to the station.
Hooked up the pump and my Raptor was chuggin' like a sorority girl.

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Due to failure to plan ahead on my part I almost ran out of gas over the weekend.

Trip comp. said I had 1 mile left before I ran out as I pulled into the gas station. I pumped 26.43 gallons. (It is a 26 gal. tank, isn't it?) Damn, that was close!

That's pretty crazy. So you pumped in more than the actual size of the gas tank?

I thought you could never get those things full let alone overcapacity.

Sounds like the gas station you filled up at may have the pump "running fast" and ripping off customers.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I went about 1 mile on "0" and ended up putting in over 27 gallons! I was runnin on fumes!!

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've heard the neck holds like a gallon?

The other thing is this truck does not like to be topped up after the gas station pump clicks off.

I'm used to getting another couple bits of gas into the tank on other cars, but once this sucker is full it's full.

I've dripped gas a couple times because I've forgotten about that.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've dripped gas a couple times because I've forgotten about that.

You're s'posedta shake it out a bit before you zip up, friend.

Seriously though, you're right, this truck "don't take too kindly" to those extra squeezes of gas we Americans are used to forcing into the tanks of other vehicles.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats no joke, empty is EMPTY. The second half of the gage on these trucks is more like a quarter of a tank. The needle drops FAST!