GEN 1 Might trade to a 2018 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just bought a base model 2013 with 18,300 miles on it for $45k out the door. If you want more power, you can super charge your 2013 for about what the 2018 will cost you over selling your current truck, and be HP and (instant)torque ahead. And you won't have to endure the shame of making excuses, explaining how cool and high tech your TT V6 is. I'd hate to see you go through that.

:supergay:

xBryanHoodsx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a base model 2013 with 18,300 miles on it for $45k out the door. If you want more power, you can super charge your 2013 for about what the 2018 will cost you over selling your current truck, and be HP and (instant)torque ahead. And you won't have to endure the shame of making excuses, explaining how cool and high tech your TT V6 is. I'd hate to see you go through that.

You realize a supercharger kit installed and tuned is 10k plus .... so he won’t be ahead at all

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You realize a supercharger kit installed and tuned is 10k plus .... so he won’t be ahead at all

Guess it depends on what options you add to the kit.

My total bill for the SC package with tune, oil gear and boost gauge is under $7,400.
Install for gear is $900
Install for SC + plugs, if I go that route, is $1,500.

$1,300 of that bill is oil pump gear+install, which most opt out of.

That being said if the OP wants an 18, then do it. His truck with his miles, down here in FL goes on the lots starting in the high 40's.
If he got offered 46k, then do that deal before the # drops.

MPG wise though, is 2-3 MPG that big of a difference for Daily driving or not?
I mean, you don't buy a truck with 35"s and then worry about fuel efficiency.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i honestly think the trucks are so different they really should have been named something else.

its a whole new body style with a new motor and transmission. yea its got truck shit like all trucks have but it looks so much different and the power delivery is so much different as well.

i love g1s because i do think they look much much more aggressive and mean than the g2. i think the g2 looks like a refined badass, but it looks more stylish than in your face like the g1. its all personal preference obviously but i think they are closer to compare them as trucks instead of comparing them as raptors.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man that’s tough call!!!

I recently traded my 14 SCREW for a Yukon Denali for a couple of reasons that have nothing to do with the truck, long story and a compromise with the other half seeing as how I ordered a 17 C7 Grand Sport this spring...

If you just have an ich for something new.....don’t do it! I see twice as many gen2 raptors as gen1.

I miss my Raptor every day but am not missing a gen2....my brother has one.

Funny story my 70 year old father said last time my brother connected to our boat to tow us all down to the lake and retrieve us. He claims my old raptor and current Denali drive better in every way and have more power lmao! Even said his 16 2.7EB F150 is better..lol crazy guy!

I will be looking to pick up a low mile roush gen1 or order a gen2 this summer.......

It is your only option right now to get the tech and performance that is close(should be better) to your current ride. Stance is perfect on your truck and it’s set up how you want it. It’s a twin to my old raptor! Not a bad idea to go whipple[emoji4]that’s what I would do if I still had it.

I hope Ford fixes the issues and design new aggressive side vents similar to the gen1. Or god forbid bring back a V8[emoji6] It’s good enough for the 19 ZR1...ha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a Gen1 and now an 18.... the 18 is so much better of a vehicle all around I dont know how people can say a Gen1 is better with a straight face. Its faster, rides better, has a better interior, tech, styling, etc... its Generation 2 for a reason. Like going to an iPhone 4 after you have used an 8 or the new X.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s a bit of a stretch on the iPhone reference and how can you see my face?

It’s not that the new truck is not “better” it’s also not THAT MUCH BETTER to me anyways.

Styling is subjective, I think Ford missed the mark on the details. Faster yes it is and should be has more horsepower, torque and weighs less. It’s still a truck and not a sports car. Tech absolutely it’s three years newer than the last gen. Interior is nice but not that big of a leap.

The op’s truck is rock solid and the best looking truck ever produced[emoji4] that subjective styling! Speed can be more than made up with horsepower as well as ride quality with the cost difference to “upgrade” to the new Raptor.

I very much like the new truck but I hope they change it or a real competitor comes out. Worst case scenario I’ll be stuck with a leadfoot gray Raptor!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: