might get a g2 but... can i still hang here?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevenstommyboy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gen 2s are nice but why not keep the one that you truly love. Gen 1 will keep the value no matter what the Gen 2 does sales wise. They are not made anymore and the market for them is strong. Good luck in your choice though...
By the way, I saw Oprah might run in 2020... Gen 2 owners would vote for her.

OP
OP
G

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Keep the Gen 1.

I'm neither a suit nor a vegan and we G2 owners frankly don't want you in that section.

I rest my case

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

Where are you where they're offering $2500 under sticker and considering $5k? That's an amazing deal.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It's a good deal , for now. In a few months it will be just an average deal once all the insanity ha died off. The dolts who paid 10 over , or more , will be another victim of a gouging dealership. Where I live , in Canada. You can order one at msrp and I got a bit of a deal because I bought one in 24 and some other vehicles as well

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

Gen 2s are nice but why not keep the one that you truly love. Gen 1 will keep the value no matter what the Gen 2 does sales wise. They are not made anymore and the market for them is strong. Good luck in your choice though...
By the way, I saw Oprah might run in 2020... Gen 2 owners would vote for her.

Well my though was that the g1s are so hi right now because of the ridiculous prices on the g2. That's not going to last much longer. Mine has 60,000 miles and in a year will be close to 100 and I gotta think the value of it will drop a lot. So the only reason is timing. Maybe I'm wrong.

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
I would strongly recommend keeping your gen1 truck. You will definitely regret getting rid of it!! The gen 2 has some power, but why would you want to live with the issues it presents? Neither the transmission or engine have any length of service to get a feel for the types of problems they will have. You have a bulletproof truck now - keep that, enjoy it and watch for the issues on the gen2. You will be far better off going this route

OP
OP
G

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would strongly recommend keeping your gen1 truck. You will definitely regret getting rid of it!! The gen 2 has some power, but why would you want to live with the issues it presents? Neither the transmission or engine have any length of service to get a feel for the types of problems they will have. You have a bulletproof truck now - keep that, enjoy it and watch for the issues on the gen2. You will be far better off going this route

Looks like this might be my route for now. They are holding at 2500 under.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I rest my case

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

It's a good deal , for now. In a few months it will be just an average deal once all the insanity ha died off. The dolts who paid 10 over , or more , will be another victim of a gouging dealership. Where I live , in Canada. You can order one at msrp and I got a bit of a deal because I bought one in 24 and some other vehicles as well

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

Well my though was that the g1s are so hi right now because of the ridiculous prices on the g2. That's not going to last much longer. Mine has 60,000 miles and in a year will be close to 100 and I gotta think the value of it will drop a lot. So the only reason is timing. Maybe I'm wrong.

If you can get that kind of deal on your trade-in and a new Gen 2, I think you would be a fool not to take it, but you need to do what feels right to you. Follow your gut unless it has done you wrong before.