Is it me or am I noticing a lot of members are getting rid of their Rap's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I skimmed through this thread, so excuse me if its been said....cause those who are selling their Raptors are getting some really great money for them!!!! Kinda crazy money sometimes!

That being said, I wouldn't sell my truck even for the numbers I've been hearing, but don't blame someone at all for doing it. Honestly, it a smart move! I've been lucky with my last 2-3 vehicles that I've sold that I can time it up well and have sold them after owning them for 3-4 years and only have sold them for a couple thousand less than I paid! Timing is EVERYTHING when selling a used car. Timing is pretty good right now to sell a Raptor!

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not trying to be a ****, but people who go between cars and the raptor, I have no problem with them selling it. These trucks are made for true truck lovers. I will always drive a truck. I have no desire for anything else. If your between a raptor and an audi...please just get the audi and save everyone's time.

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The ONLY reason I sold my Roush is because 1-I was offered stupid money for it and 2- I had another one. If I didn't have the second Raptor I really don't think I would have sold it even for the stupid money. To be honest I kind of regretted it afterwards even though I know I'm using the money to buy another one. I'm sure I'll get over it once a new one is in my possession though. Lol. Plus all the money I've been shelling out for silly mods has been keeping me happy for the moment. :ROFLJest:

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Reason 7. I loved my truck but owning multiple vehicles gets expensive when you start adding insurance. I needed to buy another truck because my list of things to do around the house has grown. It will involve tearing out a bathroom, most of the siding, and some concrete around the house. I don't want to use the Raptor for this purpose and to be honest it would be a ************* at this kind of work the beds to short. So in my case I need a 3/4 ton or one ton, 4-5 thousand dollar truck to beat up for a year or so. Then after my list completes I can then sell the truck and hopefully buy a new Raptor.. Since I have no chance in hell getting done what I want for about 3 years the new Raptors will be in the second year of production. It may fail and Ford just drops the plan to make one all together then I will be looking to a 2014 to put back on the road. But for me it was simple logistics of not having so many vehicles on my insurance I have to take a second on my house. My annual insurance for my cars without the Raptor is 3500.00... So I am saving money in the mean time..

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Its not the drivers its the volume of vehicles that is costing me, Wife's Escape and Mustang, Transit Van (work), 1968 Camaro and 1968 Plymouth GTX... Adding the Raptor and now I have add another truck... Insurance is going to be over 5000.00 per year.. I mean what the hell I can only drive one car at a time... Dropping the Raptor dropped 800 off the policy... I don't have a POS truck yet so I don't know the costs on that...