"Market Adjustment".....LOL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdruzik

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I got mine in early June all the Portland area dealers had around 10k markup. I just said first thing that I wasn't paying it and the deal went pretty smooth. My only guess is that some people just go along with it.

The Southern part of the state is different than the Portland Metro area...

jdruzik

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Undoubtedly. Just saying "out west" was a bit too general. I just moved to Bend and I'm happy to be out of PDX!

Cheers

Yes you are correct. I am sure that there are significant markups in Southern California and in any major metropolitan area across the country.

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
$15,000

I was driving through Manahawkin, NJ and drove by the dealership I bought my 2013 SCab from. I saw they had two 2014 SCrews on the lot and decided to look just for the hell of it. I checked out the stickers and I saw that the dealership had added a $10,000 "Market Adjustment". I couldn't hold back the laughter and I'm sure they saw me laughing as I looked at each sticker.

There was also a couple there looking at a black SCrew and I said, "That market adjustment is ridiculous". The guy proceeded to say, "I don't care about the money". I'm sure there are people (that guy being one of them) who will pay that "market adjustment" since there were 4 of them on the lot back at the beginning of last month. I paid $3240 under MSRP at that dealership in October of 2012 so that's just insane. It makes me wonder if they would give me a $10,000 market adjustment on a trade-in of my SCab. Hmmmm.....:wink:

Stopped by our local Ford dealer to look at the Escape's the wife is thinking about and they had four Raptors all with a $15,000 "market Adjustment" unbelievable! Not to mention the $80.00 charge for nitrogen and $400 charge for blinking third brake light. I would never pay for any of those three.

D

Deleted member 12951

qypetave.jpg

DieselD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember this happening when the raptors first came out. Happens to alot of the specialty mustangs as well. I think its pure crap and ****** for dealers to do it but hey if people are stupid enough to pay it you cant blame them selling for more then sticker

IronRakMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stopped by our local Ford dealer to look at the Escape's the wife is thinking about and they had four Raptors all with a $15,000 "market Adjustment" unbelievable! Not to mention the $80.00 charge for nitrogen and $400 charge for blinking third brake light. I would never pay for any of those three.

Let me guess, Phil **** Ford? I can't wait to pick up my truck from them that I ordered through the Exchange and see their faces when they see what I paid. Freakin Crooks.

sublime1996525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the Raptors here are $10k over also. I tried telling one dealer that I was able to find one close to invoice and they called me a liar... lol.

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Why yes it was.

Let me guess, Phil **** Ford? I can't wait to pick up my truck from them that I ordered through the Exchange and see their faces when they see what I paid. Freakin Crooks.

Yes it was Phil Long Ford! I'm loving my 2010 6.2 Molten Orange more and more everyday especially with the increase in value it has incurred since I bought it!

LFtrip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting my oil changed and I saw this.
jadu8e7y.jpg

$69,734?!?!?.... What's pathetic is someone will pay it out here in Glendale.