Major steering rack problems, help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordraptorHero

Reaction score
i have a 2011 supercrew. a few months ago my steering rack went out , it wasnt making any noises it was just leaking fluid. i paid chapman ford to replace it. they replaced it and ever since then theres this terrible groaning noise when i am driving slow and turning the wheel to the left. it does it to the right as well but not nearly as bad. i took it back in and they replaced the rack again. its still making the same groaning noise (exactly the same more to the left than the right) but now my truck is pulling to the right even though the alignment is perfect. they are using part number blz-3504-f im not sure what is wrong can anyone chime in and help?

edit: I believe the mechanics damaged by ps pump while replacing the rack, is there anything i can do to have them replace my ps pump considering that they damaged it while working on my vehicle.

Last edited:

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
daaaaaaamn.

the groaning you are feeling is likely the pump. the rack cant make those noises.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i havent done a steering rack on a raptor yet so i cannot comment on certainty.

it does sound like a seal or the gears have something wrong with them to cause the noise and feel you have. maybe some dirt got in there and ate some stuff up and now its just like that.

if you remove the belt and drive the truck up and down the road i know it will be heavy but i doubt you will get the same noises or feel.
wouldnt do it for long though lol. would for sure overheat and murder your motor.

jakewomack800

Reaction score
Maybe try another Ford Dealership?... Now are they putting in a Brand new rack or a refurbished one?... I hope it would be brand new