Luggage in truck bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
x2 for the Roll-X.

Since you're only dealing with luggage, maybe snag one of those cargo bars sold all over the place.
ratcheting_cargo_bar_1.jpg

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^^ I didn't mention that I bought two of the cheap cargo bars at horrible freight. I like having them in the back of the truck all the time!

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We bought a Bakflip F1 from the Bakflip outlet. I would check -----------> over dare. I love this cover because it is so low profile. From the side it is almost undetectable it fits so flat. Fit/finish is great and while not 100% waterproof, we just pile our luggage under it, close the tailgate and away we go. When the tailgate is locked, so is the lid. I have put things in bags so they are bone dry, but I hated the idea of bags flapping in the back. Very satisfied.

155mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Backflip F1 works great for me. Easy to remove the folding portion if you need to, but you can use about 98% of the bed space just by folding it up against the back glass.

If this is a one time thing, just strap a tarp down over your stuff. No need to spend hundreds of dollars for just a week or two, especially if you're not leaving stuff in it overnight. Keep your tailgate locked to make it more difficult to reach in the bed... don't forget half the population probably can't see over the bedrails anyway.

hagak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just took deliver of a diamondback cover. Not installed yet but it sure looks nice and is pretty heavy duty construction. I want a cover for the same reasons as the op. Things I like about the diamondback is it is secure, less moving items so less likely to leak compared to the roll up styles. The panels only weigh 35# so if need to remove I can do it without assistance. I did not like the bakflip design of leaning against the cab when open. The diamondback with the Linex premium coating seems to match the badass look of the raptor . Added bonus you can haul crap on top of it.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have the roll-x cover and the bed extender. i usually connect the bed extender inside the bed and then just close the cover. tailgate and bed cover are pinned to my alarm system with a train horn. stuff doesnt move or get wet and stays hidden

boarder1995

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had the Diamond Back cover since before Christmas. We went on a 4800 mile driving trip through every climate and weather type. All items in bed were dry and secure. Plus we can stand on it! It flips open in the front and rear. Plus it real easy to remove one section for the occasional large load.
IMG_0403.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

bmacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're looking for cheap, you could buy a cheap tonneau cover like the Lund 91031 Revelation for under $200. It would provide protection from the elements and make would-be criminals think twice.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I recently completed a move from Alabama to Nevada, and it involved multiple trips in the Raptor and 16,000 road miles. I had the same worry as the OP. The way I dealt with it was to overnight at campgrounds where I could sleep mere feet from the truck. Very few will even consider a theft if the owner is RIGHT THERE. My solution didn't cost me anything, and in fact it saved me quite a bit on hotel bills.