GEN 1 Low mileage help the value or hurt it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LastLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking at a 2012 Screw with only 7000 miles on it at $45k. Its been doing a lot of resting in the garage and not driven much obviously.

I know NADA gives you a bump in value with lower miles but is it worth it to pay more for a low mileage vehicle?

I assume sitting can hurt a vehicle from lack of use as well.

Its clean as new but $45k was probably about what it cost in 2012.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Newer oils don't break down as fast. Rubber is better. As long as there isn't any rust where it shouldn't be, I'd go for it. Maybe pull the plug out of the rear end and look in there to check it. Take it to a Ford shop and have them go through it. Sounds like a solid deal to me......

OP
OP
LastLight

LastLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You getting a 2nd raptor?

SOLD my 2014 quite a while back. Regret it about an hour afterwards.

Been looking for the right one for some time.

Found this 2012 Blue Flame with 7000 miles on it. It is super clean.

I thought it would go good with my Blue Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock.

It also comes with a extended warranty and an extended prepaid maintenance until 8/18.

Attachments

• 12rapt.jpg
    12rapt.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 109

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
SOLD my 2014 quite a while back. Regret it about an hour afterwards.

Been looking for the right one for some time.

Found this 2012 Blue Flame with 7000 miles on it. It is super clean.

I thought it would go good with my Blue Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock.

It also comes with a extended warranty and an extended prepaid maintenance until 8/18.

Why are the miles so low? Might be a question worth asking.....

Wrecker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a new loaded one in 12 for 55k so if that ones is fully optioned it was probably the same or more since I paid under msrp, so $45k is probably a fair value with depreciation. I sold that truck last year cause it was getting high on mileage and bough another 12 truck that only had 15k miles on it so it was similar to your situation. I changed all the fluids and thuroly checked out the truck after I bought it and it all looked great. Since it was garage kept it whole life everything looked almost like it was a brand new truck. All the seals, rubber, plastic, and drive train are in 100x better condition than my previous truck that was beaten hard every day of its life. So for me it was definitely worth it to find a super low mileage truck and pay more for it even though it was sitting in a garage for most of the past three years.

OP
OP
LastLight

LastLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why are the miles so low? Might be a question worth asking.....

I know the owner actually and they have several vehicles to drive. She travels a lot for business and just isn't around to drive it much. When she does drive it she is always afraid someone will damage it in some way. it has never been off road or seen the dirt. It all checks out.

I have just been hesitant to drop the 45k into it as a 2nd vehicle. It will go perfect with the color of my Jeep though.

Attachments

• Ajeep.jpg
    Ajeep.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 105

Wrecker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the owner actually and they have several vehicles to drive. She travels a lot for business and just isn't around to drive it much. When she does drive it she is always afraid someone will damage it in some way. it has never been off road or seen the dirt. It all checks out.

I have just been hesitant to drop the 45k into it as a 2nd vehicle. It will go perfect with the color of my Jeep though.

Sounds like a deal not to pass up on then if you can afford it. Plus the fleet has got to match!