GEN 1 Lost MPG

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've owned my truck for 3 years. The best MPG I've ever gotten was 13MPG. Only time it got worse was when I needed an oil change, I'd lose 1 MPG. Now for the last 3 weeks I am only getting 11-11.5 MPG and I don't know why. The oil was changed about a month ago. Tires are aired up, can't think of anything else. Any idea?????

Gilligan

Reaction score
Not sure how cold it has been there but I always get horrible gas mileage during the winter.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What oil do you run? Also, what kind of maintenance have you done? Air filter? Spark plugs? Not sure how many miles you have but maybe a tune up would be a good place to start.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mileage?

Could just be bad gas?

When I started my roadtrip to Dallas, my truck started getting 10-11 on the highway when it usually got 13-14mpg. Turned out to be bad gas, as it went back to normal after a fillup.

OP
OP
daddycreswell

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mileage?

Could just be bad gas?

When I started my roadtrip to Dallas, my truck started getting 10-11 on the highway when it usually got 13-14mpg. Turned out to be bad gas, as it went back to normal after a fillup.

29k miles, get gas from same place every time I fill up. could be the winter blend. Might need a new air filter.

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
Clean your air filter.
I run a Green Filter on my truck and clean it every 6 months. I am getting 15-16 mpg around town and when it begins to drop, I know to clean it.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guarantee it is gas quality. I've had the same issue lately. I really think we are getting inferior gas at the pump these days for some reason. My wife mentioned that her SUV's mileage was little off as well and we always fuel up at the same place in town.

I wonder if reserve gas is swapped out occasionally and blended in with the new stuff?

Conspiracy theory mode - ON LOL