Looking for suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOUSE3693

Reaction score
Good evening all,

I'm active duty military stationed in Okinawa Japan currently for the past 3 years. I have a like new paid off 2013 Raptor with less than 20k miles on it. It's been sitting in storage, being taken care of by a company.

Question: I've recived orders to Germany and will be moving in 2018. Should I take it there, maybe sell it in Germany, or sell it before going?

Had anyone had experience in Germany? The roads, parking, gas prices, Germans looking to buy Raptors etc?

Thanks for any info or help.

Vince

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do not take it to Germany. Not worth the hassle and maneuverability issues. Sell it while it still has some value in it.

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

Oh and no Germans don't want Raptors

IronRakMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good evening all,

I'm active duty military stationed in Okinawa Japan currently for the past 3 years. I have a like new paid off 2013 Raptor with less than 20k miles on it. It's been sitting in storage, being taken care of by a company.

Question: I've recived orders to Germany and will be moving in 2018. Should I take it there, maybe sell it in Germany, or sell it before going?

Had anyone had experience in Germany? The roads, parking, gas prices, Germans looking to buy Raptors etc?

Thanks for any info or help.

What did you end up doing? I am reporting to Stuttgart this summer and have the same dilemma. I have a 2014 SCREW paid off with 56k miles on it. We're already shipping my Wife's Q7, so I would have to pay to ship the Raptor if I wanted to have it there. I think the only way it makes sense to ship it is if I find a buyer there that is willing to pay over what I would get here plus all the fees to get it shipped and registered there.

Appreciate the advice.

Carsten

Reaction score
What did you end up doing? I am reporting to Stuttgart this summer and have the same dilemma. I have a 2014 SCREW paid off with 56k miles on it. We're already shipping my Wife's Q7, so I would have to pay to ship the Raptor if I wanted to have it there. I think the only way it makes sense to ship it is if I find a buyer there that is willing to pay over what I would get here plus all the fees to get it shipped and registered there.

Appreciate the advice.
Hey guys.
I am a German stationed in the US and hopefully my Raptor will come this weekend.
At the end of my tour here the Raptor will go to Germany. Right now the 2019 Raptor cost in Germany around $ 110.000 !!!!!And there is a market for trucks, especially in the eastern part of Germnay.
Just keep in mind that you have to pay $7 per Gallon and the street an parking lots a smaller:33:

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had my f150 in Germany a decade ago. No real issues. A Raptor would be tight, but doable. I'd take it. As a military member, you'll be buying fuel on base using a ration card which is based on the power output of your vehicle. I never came anywhere close to maxing out my monthly gas allowance. Gas price is comparable to stateside averages.