Local Raptor Died -- Not So Breaking News

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A little background on Raptors in my area, we have/had three. One black, one white, one orange. The orange one being mine and the first in the area. The white one is the new kid on the block.

So I took the Raptor to the dealership to get a hole plugged in one if the tires, transmission reflashed and a couple of other things. Got to talking to the service advisor and he tells me the owner of the white Raptor came in the other day claiming his engine was making a knocking noise, 8,000 miles on the odo. After further inspection the technician found water, mud, and sand inside of the airbox. Another service advisor described the filter as looking like someone had dug a ditch with it. I was told that the dealership would help the owner out however they can but they cannot claim the engine under warranty, for obvious reasons.

The truck was practically brand new and I remember when it was sitting on the lot. I haven't measured the water fording capabilities of the Raptor but aside from that wouldn't the diffs potential have taken in water as well? I have a Roush CAI and have driven through pretty deep standing water with no problems.

Hope everything works out.

End of story.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wooooaah. Not good.

The wade line of the Raptor is set at a (conservative) 30". If there's sand and mud in there this guy was not wading...

Hope it all works out. Not a battle I'd want to fight, that's for sure.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Especially in a stock airbox!!! That is pretty buttoned up and many guys on here have shown how good the stock system is at keeping the bad stuff out. That kid probably had water flowing over the hood...oooppps!!

OP
OP
N

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hmm. Insurance might be able to help him out.

That's what one of the service advisors said he suggested to him.

I figured he would be looking at an easy $6K if he could use the externals from the damaged engine. Hard to say.

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Especially in a stock airbox!!! That is pretty buttoned up and many guys on here have shown how good the stock system is at keeping the bad stuff out. That kid probably had water flowing over the hood...oooppps!!

This. I honesty think the engine is the tip of a very big and expensive iceberg.