listed as a manufacturer vehicle Sold at auction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Secret Ninja

Reaction score
So I'm looking to buy raptor number 2 and I found a 2010 for $34,*** but when I pulled the carfax it says listed as a manufacturer vehicle Sold at auction is this good or bad please help

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is nothing bad, it just means that it was a Ford Company truck. They use these for all sorts of things. Everything from an executives vehicle to show vehicles.

dogknat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Usually and I could be mistaken but aren't testing vehicles destroyed after testing (assuming they survive anyway)? Something about the liability of them.

DezertRacer

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Usually and I could be mistaken but aren't testing vehicles destroyed after testing (assuming they survive anyway)? Something about the liability of them.

Correct. I have taken many "test vehicles" to scrap yards to be destroyed or sent back to manufacture due to them not having parts that usually meet dot standards or not main production fitted parts . The only ones that dont usually get destroyed are the ones the manufacture will keep as a running display model for shows and display only and can never be registered on public highways .

OP
OP
Secret Ninja

Secret Ninja

Reaction score
The truck looks pretty clean in the pics it only has 44,*** witch is about average for that year