Lets see those custom plates!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LEGORAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WHY WHY WHY?!?!?!?! hahaha just ******* around with ya guys.. great plates.. still thinking of what mine should be...

never had custom plates before. In texas what is the process where do I go once I know what I want?

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
illinois sucks for special/vanity plates. atleast for trucks they do.... if i get a B plate, i think i can have the 7 characters, but then i can never park my truck anywhere on the street over night. so i go with a specialty plate (DNR Deer in my case) which costs a lil more, but it does make my truck legal to park on the street, so no tickets. But then it can only have 4 characters.... 4 doesnt give ya much to work with..... i was gonna do my initials and my birth year.... but its expensive and well.... when i went to register, the place was packed and then i woulda had to fill out a buncha pages, or have them do it on the computer for a generic one and i got out of the DMV quicker....

OP
OP
DubbsFaris

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WHY WHY WHY?!?!?!?! hahaha just ******* around with ya guys.. great plates.. still thinking of what mine should be...

never had custom plates before. In texas what is the process where do I go once I know what I want?

1. Go to MyPlates.com
2. Order plates
(many to choose from- the more years you pay for, the cheaper it is. Also, use a phone number you answer, because this is the one they call when they get sent to your county tax office)
3. In +- 3 weeks pick them up at your county tax office.
(you need your VIN and insurance and a couple bucks to reprint the registration sticker)
4. Install on truck - screwdriver and screws, hammer and nails, superglue, or duct tape....your choice.
:birgits_tiredcoffee

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
illinois sucks for special/vanity plates. atleast for trucks they do.... if i get a B plate, i think i can have the 7 characters, but then i can never park my truck anywhere on the street over night. so i go with a specialty plate (DNR Deer in my case) which costs a lil more, but it does make my truck legal to park on the street, so no tickets. But then it can only have 4 characters.... 4 doesnt give ya much to work with..... i was gonna do my initials and my birth year.... but its expensive and well.... when i went to register, the place was packed and then i woulda had to fill out a buncha pages, or have them do it on the computer for a generic one and i got out of the DMV quicker....

At least we can go online and pick our plates in real time. When I was in NJ, you have to mail some dumb arse form into the state, just so they can return it 3 months later telling you the plates are already taken. :peace: